Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom Promo Runs Apr 18th to July Full T&Cs Linked Here (PDF)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

They are going all out to kill off the competion now!!!

At least they have initiative unlike iolBB who are still sitting on their asses with no CAp upgrade in sight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zzap64

Very interesting!

I notice as well that Eircom specify a seperate cap for download and upload, and their brondband plus/extra is 16Gb for download and unlimited for upload. With Esat's Broadband plus you seem to only 16Gb in total. Am I right in this asumption?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

zzap64 wrote:
    Very interesting!

I notice as well that Eircom specify a seperate cap for download and upload, and their brondband plus/extra is 16Gb for download and unlimited for upload. With Esat's Broadband plus you seem to only 16Gb in total. Am I right in this asumption?

No, IOL Plus is 16gb up, 16gb down, so you can download 15 up and 15 down and not get fined/cut off.
    The unlimited up cap is not really a big deal when compared to a high up cap on other providers (like IOL). While it's quite plausable for a regular broadband user to go over 16gb when using a 2mb line, it would be hard to upload as much at a fraction of that speed (and given that most regular users would be bigger downloaders than uploaders).

fingers remain tightly crossed for IOL to make an announcement soon

Basic esatBT BB:

8GB Downlaod
    8GB Upload

Both independent of each other.

The same is true for the Plus package...and I can only assume the same for other non-unlimited packages from them.

I have wrote about this before and through practice..;-)...can say that it is separately capped for home users at leat.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zzap64

Excellent, thanks guys for the quick feedback. I have heard rumours of this before but their website is kinda ambiguous on the subject saying a total cap limit of 16Gb, but then again their website is pretty poor with lots of outdated info.

Have to get eMule fired up again... ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

zzap64 wrote:
    Have to get eMule fired up again... ;-)

Bittorrent would be better. :D

They're probably feeling the heat now that the competition is geting it's asses in gear and smart is entering the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I don't think that new Eircom deal is a trial? Unless I'm mistaken it's two months free, six month min contract, but you need to commit to the six months to get the free months.

Thats my view of it as well.

When you sign up they get a definite ~€160 or ~€220 depending on choice.

Must have been looseing a lot of money with people returning their Broadband after 2months of use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sound. Thread title edited accordingly .

Its a 2 month Discount Promo not a 2 month Trial Promo with a shortened contract period. Smart are gonna love them and hug them for introducing the 6 month contract NOT !

Eircom are cunning bartards indeed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Note 5 to the new packages states the additional charge for excess usage is 1.00c per MB(ex.vat).

Wasn't this 3c previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

can you guys please sum up what it says in that document? I'm too lazy to go though the whole thing

3.5cent I think.

It appears they are decreasing the cost as they are more than likely going to hit over-downloaders with bigger bills.

Makes sense since they have now doubled the CAP!!!

In the UK BT are charging £1.99 or £2.99 for every extra GB over the cap...so eircom are potentially about to do anything!!!
    Wouldnt be at all surprised if they start imposing the 1cent a MB charge at the end of this month...they would make a killing with people downloading far more than normal with 1/2mbit lines!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

They might make a one off "killing" but would lose far more in the long run with everyone cancelling their subscription, me included

WellyJ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is unclear where the excess charge is 1c per Mb ex vat or not so the excess chearge will be €10.00 per Gigabyte over the cap OR €12.10 per Gagabyte over the cap. They can charge away from the 18th of April.

It is also a tad unclear whether they can apply these charges to all customers from the 18th or New ones only...even though I suspect its all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Can some one explain to me why this is a great deal :confused: I can Exchange lines?......with what? I can exchange betwen €ircons home package and business packages? I can move from Esat's/UTV's packages to €ircom for free, what exactly am I getting for free here can someone explain?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I must be missing something here, but what exactly is the difference between the Home Plus and Business Starter packages?

The look identical, same price, only the Business Starter pack has a 20GB download cap, while the Home Plus is 16GB.

There must be some other catch in getting the Business Starter pack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Can some one explain to me why this is a great deal :confused: I can Exchange lines?......with what? I can exchange betwen €ircons home package and business packages? I can move from Esat's/UTV's packages to €ircom for free, what exactly am I getting for free here can someone explain?????

yeah, I don't get it either,

what are these guys talking about?

what "killing"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

this is a joke. Eircon pay approx 5c per gig of backhaul that they buy. So they are going to sell it back (after cap) at 10E/12E per gig?!!

The "Killing" CyberGhost is what FuzzyLogic has just stated above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    this is a joke. Eircon pay approx 5c per gig of backhaul that they buy. So they are going to sell it back (after cap) at 10E/12E per gig?!!

Whatever they pay, they pay for bandwidth and not for volume.

Advertisement