Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea-v-Bayern

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stekelly wrote:
    In fairness you did say this:

at half time.

psssst Cos its hard to watch 2 games at once.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It sounded like you we're giving out bout the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Bloody diving germanian!!!

the worry now(other than the note passing) is that chelsea will play the defensive game next week and could be stung bad,they need to follow liverpools style at leverkusen and go out to score more in the away leg to bury it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

disappointing game i taught, not as good as the liverpool match

LOL FFS Earlier we had Liverpool fans are the best at the minutes silence now this. God spare me.

Great game I though chelsea would be too strong for them as they proved to be, Chelsea will beat them at home too. On the second peno , Technically it was a pen but every one of us would be disputing it if it were against out team. He wend down like he was shot under little contact. To go off topic for a second when Rooney went down under slight contact he was a cheating &%*& , what's the difference?

Deserved win for Chelsea pity about the peno but I still think they will go throught from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what about this note passing that German TV apparently showed in the Chelsea dugout. Sky sports were commenting on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Clarke said "Before the match Jose predicted the strategies and what would happen, leaving parts open for us to make decisions which we did.

"But the las time I spoke with him was two-three hours before game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Great win for Chelsea. I thought they would easily outclass Bayern. They are a far better team, and have far better players. I think they will comfortably come through the second leg.
    The Muppet wrote:
    LOL FFS Earlier we had Liverpool fans are the best at the minutes silence now this. God spare me.
    God spare you from what? Many people have said that the game was of poor quality, while no one will doubt the quality of last nights game. The poster you quoted even explained his reasons for thinking so in a subsequent post. Anything for a cheap dig.
    The Muppet wrote:
    To go off topic for a second when Rooney went down under slight contact he was a cheating &%*& , what's the difference?

Not much apparently
    bizmark wrote:
    Ballack is a diver
    Stekelly wrote:
    Ballack "won" the penalty with a nice dive.
    smuckers wrote:
    Ballack is a diving little bastard
    Makaveli wrote:
    Carvalho didn't foul Ballack, it was a dive
    Stekelly wrote:
    I beg to differ, I think it was a blatent dive.
    Cianan2 wrote:
    Ballack dove
    Gileadi wrote:
    Bloody diving germanian!!!

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you are not just **** stirring. While people are cursing Ballack, the level of cursing was probably greater for Rooney due to more people wanting Arsenal to win that game than Chelsea tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I thought it was a very good game,im no fan of chelski but there can be no doubt they deserved their win and Frank Lampard is turning out to be world class,he took both his goals brilliantly,next week should be a stormer of a game.............. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I was hoping Bayern would pull a goal back before the end to make the second leg more exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

jonny68 wrote:
    I thought it was a very good game,im no fan of chelski but there can be no doubt they deserved their win and Frank Lampard is turning out to be world class,he took both his goals brilliantly,next week should be a stormer of a game.............. ;)

i think Lampard is world class, right now. awesome player who consistently delivers at the highest level.

more than can be said for most.

Great win for Chelsea. I thought they would easily outclass Bayern. They are a far better team, and have far better players. I think they will comfortably come through the second leg.

God spare you from what? Many people have said that the game was of poor quality, while no one will doubt the quality of last nights game. The poster you quoted even explained his reasons for thinking so in a subsequent post. Anything for a cheap dig.

Not much apparently

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you are not just **** stirring. While people are cursing Ballack, the level of cursing was probably greater for Rooney due to more people wanting Arsenal to win that game than Chelsea tonight.

Opening uo on a new front are we? ;) I,ll ignore the personal stuff for the good of the discussion..

I don't get your point if you have one. Under the laws of the game the quote below is exactly right so the penno was legit. No one's opinion changes that.
    There was a tug, he felt it, he went down and has been said a foul is a foul. The laws of the game do not specify an amount of contact that would constitute a foul, just that there must be contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I was hoping Bayern would pull a goal back before the end to make the second leg more exciting.

they did !!

you weren't expecting another goal iin the last minute surely?

Amazing the way the back pages today were taken up with pictures of the Chelsea fitness coach's hat and ear.... UEFA couldn't make him take his hat off so there is just more unsubstantiated rumours about Jose defying the communication ban, it's almost comincal.

Not sure how anyone could have found that a crap game to watch , the first half was end to end , Chelsea were getting tightly marked and had no time in midfield, Bayern's passing was amazing to watch , fantastic stuff.

A change in tactics to the long ball, however reminiscent of Jack Charlton, Wimbledon or Sunderland football was the only way to bypass the midfield and bring Drogba into the game, it worked , we won , so what if it wasn't beautiful.

Anyone else notice the amount of hand-balls in that game ? thought it was pretty amazing.

Shame Duffer didn't score when he had his chance against Kahn. Shame Drogba didn't get a penalty when he was pulled back. Real downer that they managed that last gasp , dive inspired, penalty, but c'est la vie. Chelsea should bbe more than able for them in the next leg.

Chelsea also set a new record for the loudest minutes silence.

The Muppet wrote:
    Opening uo on a new front are we? ;) I,ll ignore the personal stuff for the good of the discussion..

I don't get your point if you have one. Under the laws of the game the quote below is exactly right so the penno was legit. No one's opinion changes that.
    My point was that Chelsea outclassed a Bayern side, as I thought they would, because they are clearly a stronger team. There was no personal remarks in my post.

The rest of my post dealt with your obvious (and completely off-topic) personal problem towards Liverpool. "God spare you" that some people could think that the game on Tuesday could have possibly been a game of better quality that last nights. And also your unfounded bitterness that Wayne Rooney was treated harshly for his "dive", yet Ballack was getting off lightly, which is just untrue as I highlighted.

As for the laws of the game, they definitively do not state that there "just must be contact". The game is a contact sport, the level of contact that is deemed impeding is at the discretion of the referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

growler wrote:
    they did !!

you weren't expecting another goal iin the last minute surely?

LOL. I didn't realise either until this morning that the game finished 4-2. I turned off the TV last night in disgust after Chelsea scored their 4th goal. I thought the tie was over - 4-2 gives Bayern a glimmer of hope.

The MUppet: leave out the anti-Liverpool crap from this thread please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

quarryman wrote:
    i think Lampard is world class, right now. awesome player who consistently delivers at the highest level.

more than can be said for most.

whats he won

• Advertisement

There was no personal remarks in my post. .

Anything for a cheap dig.

Nuff said,
    The rest of my post dealt with your obvious (and completely off-topic) personal problem towards Liverpool. "God spare you" that some people could think that the game on Tuesday could have possibly been a game of better quality that last nights. And also your unfounded bitterness that Wayne Rooney was treated harshly for his "dive", yet Ballack was getting off lightly, which is just untrue as I highlighted.

It was the need of the liverpool supporter to post that the Liverpool game was better than the Chealse one that I found amusing and commented on the same applies for the minutes silence comment in the other thread. Talk about blowing you own trumpet. I did think the Chelsea game was better more goals incident etc but I would not expect Liverpool supporters to feel the same as obviously they would have more emotional interest in their game.

For the record I dont have a problem with any team but I will continue to highlight non factual information as you continued to post particulaly when it concerns the team I support. In short if you want a one sided discussion I,m not the one to have it with.
    As for the laws of the game, they definitively do not state that there "just must be contact". The game is a contact sport, the level of contact that is deemed impeding is at the discretion of the referee.

Do they not, well that was thanks4thefish that posted that, I believe he is a qualified referee so take it up with him but I do believe it's a foul if you tug a player.I'll look forward to the debate.

Finally we seem to be a logger heads on the forum quite a bit lately, I,m sure the other users are getting tired of it. So if you're agreeable I think for the benefit of the forum we should both tone it down a notch ot two.

Ardent wrote:
    The MUppet: leave out the anti-Liverpool crap from this thread please.

Thanks for the advice there Ardent but I'll pass if you dont mind. I am quite capable of forumlating and posting my own opinions if its ok with you. If you want a one sided discussion you're on the wrong site.

bazH wrote:
    whats he won

What did Matt Le Tissier win? I doubt you will get many saying he was not a world class player.

bazH wrote:
    whats he won

Carling Cup, thus far. Soon to be followed by a Premier League winners medal and with a bit of luck a Champions League medal.

Plenty of "Player of the Month" awards.

I think he'll be ordering a new trophy cabinet for his gaff in anticipation of the silverware to come!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bayern Munich are 4/1 to qualify with Chelsea at 1/5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm being serious when I say this but I'd honestly prefer to see Duffer move clubs. I used to build myself up to watching Duff like I would for seeing my team play but now he's just bloody boring. I'm almost certain Mourinho wants him to use his brain more and be a bit more like Ronaldinho. If Ronaldinho faces a player he'll most likely pick out a (fabulous) pass. Mourinho wants Duff to do this but he is twice the player when he's dribbling past players. I'd love to see him at a decent foreign club (or Man U, Arsenal) where he can play like his old self. I'd prefer to see Duffer become the worlds best winger rather than seeing him win medals tbh.

How Mourinho persists in keeping on this leash I'll never know. He has virtually got us to where we are in the qualifiers by running past players.

• Advertisement

Hmm thats a toughie with Chelsea he plays better technicaly rarely loses the ball , uses his head more. Would you rather see him in a more free flowing attacking team? Would he not lose the ball more and not have the same players behind him to get it back?

Wouldnt look so hot if consntantly forced to attack as Utd found out a lot give away the ball in the CL and your fcuked. At chelsea hes playig the better type of football to carry into the qualifiers, maybe if we get to WC he can move but until then i think hes at the best possible club.

He has scored 11 this season, that equals his highest ever for BBurn.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Personally I dont know how anyone can support this Chelsea team. It was a dreadful display last night. I cant belive how people were cheering them on. I was about to say Duff didnt get into the game at all, but then how could he when they were bypassing the midfield and going route one all night.

Im glad Carvalho's challenge was a peno. That rugby tackle on the barca keeper in the last game more or less makes up for it. Im glad the ref found his game out.

I can understand weaker teams going route one, but when there is so much money spent on a team (maybe more than Reál?) you would expect better from Chelsea last night. I think Mourniho is a pr1ck for playing that muck last night. He has pissed off so many teams in Europe its all going to end in tears for him.

The Milan derby was great IMO. Fair enough it was all a bit cagey but the football was proper champions league quality.

Realistically, I cant see this poor Chelsea team beating the likes of Milan or Juve. The italian sides probably have this chelsea team all calcutated out at this stage.

They played to exploit Bayerns weaknesses and it worked, they scored 4 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I thought Ballacks peno while weak was still deserved.

Chelsea really really bossed the game and throughly deserved the win, that said I think that late goal gives Bayern a chance at home.
    If they get the first goal, they ahve a chance, and they have shown they can score against them.

Either way, well done Chelsea

I think Mourniho is a pr1ck for playing that muck last night. He has pissed off so many teams in Europe its all going to end in tears for him.

The Milan derby was great IMO. Fair enough it was all a bit cagey but the football was proper champions league quality.

Realistically, I cant see this poor Chelsea team beating the likes of Milan or Juve. The italian sides probably have this chelsea team all calcutated out at this stage.

it's not just about playing entertaining football its about Winning, they won by adapting their tactics to outsmart Bayern, end of, if you want to be entertained watch tv / go to the cinema / ballet/ play FIFA on your PS2 ...whatever. I don't know how you can criticize anyone's tactics if they win the game, we were all happy to watch Jack Charlton piss off the football world with his brand of football, I know I was 't complaining then. Criticise all you want if someone gets the tactics wrong and loses. Me bursts into song.... "blue is the colour, fotaball is the game, we're all together and winning is our aim" :)

If you Piss off teams in Europe by beating them , long may it continue, how exactly thats going to end in tears I don't know :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

i watched this game at an Amstel thing in the sugar club so there were abotu 400 people at it. What shocked me the most was the amount of Chelsea fans. The amount of people who only follow teams while they are successful amazes me. Fairweather fans wreck my head.

KdjaC wrote:
    Hmm thats a toughie with Chelsea he plays better technicaly rarely loses the ball , uses his head more. Would you rather see him in a more free flowing attacking team? Would he not lose the ball more and not have the same players behind him to get it back?

Wouldnt look so hot if consntantly forced to attack as Utd found out a lot give away the ball in the CL and your fcuked.
    When Duffer doesn't beat his man he will get you a free kick 9 times out of 10. He certainly lost the ball more at home to Barca than he ever would if he was allowed rip down the wing. He rarely loses the ball with Ireland and he has been dribbling by players in most of his last few games for Ireland. When was the last time you seen Duff do this with Chelsea:
    http://members.boards.ie/eirebhoy/duffer.avi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Personally I dont know how anyone can support this Chelsea team. It was a dreadful display last night. I cant belive how people were cheering them on. I was about to say Duff didnt get into the game at all, but then how could he when they were bypassing the midfield and going route one all night.

Im glad Carvalho's challenge was a peno. That rugby tackle on the barca keeper in the last game more or less makes up for it. Im glad the ref found his game out.

I can understand weaker teams going route one, but when there is so much money spent on a team (maybe more than Reál?) you would expect better from Chelsea last night. I think Mourniho is a pr1ck for playing that muck last night. He has pissed off so many teams in Europe its all going to end in tears for him.

You make it sound like they played conference style football, the kind of football that anyone can do? Hmm let's think about it. What kind of team would have the gall to try long balls against the mighty bayern defence? Umm.. not arsenal, not a lot of teams to be honest. Then again a lot of teams don't have someone like drogba to boss their defenders around, and win 90% of the headers.

There's more than one way to win a football match, the tactics definitely surprised Bayern who were expecting intricate passing and moving. They couldn't deal with this type of play, that to me is a sign of genius. Exploit the opposition's weakness to full effect.

The difference between route one football and what chelsea did was the quality and manner they did it in. Once drogba won the header flick on, the chelsea midfielders were up in numbers ahead of the bayern midfield to support asap. Instead of stretching them left to right as teams usually do, they did it front to back, and turned the midfielders around. They're not used to chasing back a long ball.

I can see Chelsea beating the Italian teams, Liverpool did it. Obviously we don't know how they'll exploit their specific weaknesses but I'm sure Mourinho will find a way.

The Muppet wrote:
    It was the need of the liverpool supporter to post that the Liverpool game was better than the Chealse one that I found amusing and commented on the same applies for the minutes silence comment in the other thread. Talk about blowing you own trumpet. I did think the Chelsea game was better more goals incident etc
    He said that he was disappointed with the level of football played in last night’s game, an observation made by many. I thought the football at times was poor, but as you said there was a lot of incident. But whether you thought the game was better or not, each did have their own charms, there was no need for such a strong response to his post.
    The Muppet wrote:
    but I would not expect Liverpool supporters to feel the same as obviously they would have more emotional interest in their game.
    So why the need to curse him, and call to the lord for strength? Your comment was pointless, and has started this. I am not the only user to feel it was unnecessary.
    The Muppet wrote:
    For the record I don’t have a problem with any team but I will continue to highlight non factual information as you continued to post particularly when it concerns the team I support. In short if you want a one sided discussion I’m not the one to have it with.
    Please PM me with where I have posted non-factual information about any team. I will see if I can remedy it.
    The Muppet wrote:
    Do they not, well that was thanks4thefish that posted that, I believe he is a qualified referee so take it up with him but I do believe it's a foul if you tug a player. I'll look forward to the debate.
    What T4TF posted and you endorsed is incorrect. He implied that the amount of contact doesn’t matter, contact is a foul. It’s not. The laws don’t deem contact to be a foul, it is at the refs discretion what level of contact is a foul. In this incident the ref deemed there was sufficient contact. As for my take on the incident, I didn’t say it was or wasn’t a dive. I also didn’t say it was a foul or not. I’ve only seen it once from a poor angle so I am reserving my judgement.
    But what I highlighted to you was that Ballack is getting the same treatment as any other player when they commit such an act, which you pleaded wasn’t the case, and in doing so brought up one of the forums less favoured discussion points. Again unnecessary.

The Muppet wrote:
    Finally we seem to be a logger heads on the forum quite a bit lately, I,m sure the other users are getting tired of it. So if you're agreeable I think for the benefit of the forum we should both tone it down a notch ot two.
    Yes we have. But I will respond to any post that I disagree with. I will also respond to accusations of bias or lying, which you have thrown at me recently. You sure know how to get up on your high horse, as has been pointed out by more than me, but “for the benefit of the forum”, I will try and hold off a little.

I do believe though you said the same about Barca and Bayern. And while the Bayern tie is by no means over Chelsea, and Liverpool, have both shown that the standard of the teams in English football is considerably higher than you think.

This Chelsea team could (and probably will) very easily go all the way to the final. And deservedly so. The team people were criticising for being defensive have shown their other face by thumping 4 past two of Europes "top teams" in successive games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I enjoyed the game.

Chelki had a game plan, and it was being countered , so they found the long ball worked , so they went with that instead. it's not being boring, it's called finding a weak point and exploiting it.

I don't think Chelski will go defensive, they will go like they did at the barca game and try and win it. as for the peno , yeah it was a dive, but the first time i saw it i couldn't see how hit ballack but still said peno.

In all honesty i think they got the penality because it was 4 - 1, if the scores had of been 2 -2 , or even 3-2 i don't think the peno would of been awarded.

as for the ref, had a decent enough game, the foul on duff should of been a card, and well he didn't give the card because the numpty was already on one. if there had of been more contact they yeah i would of given a yellow regardless of the players card postion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Great Game, as a neutral I enjoyed it. Chelsea can't really complain about the penalty. They've gotten away with plenty this season. Still think they'll go through easilly though.Bayern are lacking firepower and Chelsea will score.

He said that he was disappointed with the level of football played in last night’s game, an observation made by many. I thought the football at times was poor, but as you said there was a lot of incident. But whether you thought the game was better or not, each did have their own charms, there was no need for such a strong response to his post.

So why the need to curse him, and call to the lord for strength? Your comment was pointless, and has started this. I am not the only user to feel it was unnecessary.

I didn't curse him, I watched both games and did not agree with his assesment so I posted my own opinion. Really if a United or Arsenal supporter posted similar comments you would be one of the first to take issue with them and rightly so. I was not the only one to disagree with him either.
    Please PM me with where I have posted non-factual information about any team. I will see if I can remedy it.

I think I Highlighted a few in the greatest Manager thread , I'd rather just leave it as it is than take it off board, I have done that in the past ánd I feel theres little point TBH..
    What T4TF posted and you endorsed is incorrect. He implied that the amount of contact doesn’t matter, contact is a foul. It’s not. The laws don’t deem contact to be a foul, it is at the refs discretion what level of contact is a foul. In this incident the ref deemed there was sufficient contact. As for my take on the incident, I didn’t say it was or wasn’t a dive. I also didn’t say it was a foul or not. I’ve only seen it once from a poor angle so I am reserving my judgement.
    But what I highlighted to you was that Ballack is getting the same treatment as any other player when they commit such an act, which you pleaded wasn’t the case, and in doing so brought up one of the forums less favoured discussion points. Again unnecessary.

It was a similar incidend with both players going down and winning a penno under minimal contact , Why not make a comparison? . Why is it a less favoured topic? Don't bother answering that we both know why dont we. It's club bias again .

Rooney goes down under minimal contact "he's a cheating scumbag"

Ballack goes down under minimal contact, "well there was contact so its a penno."

That sort of stuff is frustrating and does nothing for the forum TBH.

You can take interpretaion of the rule up with T4TF as I said he is a qualified ref and so is more qualified to clear that up. I think he was right myself but thats opinions for you we can't all be right..

Yes we have. But I will respond to any post that I disagree with. I will also respond to accusations of bias or lying, which you have thrown at me recently. You sure know how to get up on your high horse, as has been pointed out by more than me, but “for the benefit of the forum”, I will try and hold off a little.

I say it as I see it,I'm not always right but I am always straight with my opinions. We'll leave it at that so.

Well I still dont like this Chelsea team(bar duff). I dont like the tatics and I dont particluarly like the manager. They have a good team spirit and character but I honestly dont belive football should be played like that.

It was ok in the Jack charlton's days. We didnt have the players. It was acceptable, even by foreigners watching us. Chelsea on the other hand have all the players. I cant see them digging this match out in "reeling in the years" somehow.

The standard of football in England is crap, IMO. I dont care if anyone tries to tell me otherwise. If the top team in the EPL has to use route one to finish a team off then that says it all for me. Liverpool have it all to do, Juve only need a 1-0 win so I wouldnt start jumping on the bandwagon just yet TBF.

If the manager wasnt an idiot, stopped his stupid games, they played football on the deck then I would be the first to say well done:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How exactly is football a contact sport if "any" contact is a foul?

Jesus Jolly, if Mourinho wants to play high balls and score 4 rather than on the ground and score less he is obviously doing the right thing. He watched video's of Bayern and found their weaknesses. They were all over the place with Drogba all night. Its not as if he's doing it week in week out. You are terribly biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Why are there so many that try to put down the way Chelsea play?

Is it that it is not exciting? It is exciting football ffs! The creation that leads up to the majority of their goals is beautiful to watch. Now they can scrap out set peices when they need to - but if your not on top form that day (and no team is on top form every match) as least you know you have a good chance of getting the win.

Is it because of the fact that there has been loads of money spent on the team? Man Utd have been "buying" titles for ages - BECAUSE THEY HAD THE MONEY!

People criticise English football and point out that Chelsea are no-where near the foreign league clubs. (!?) Spanish football is widely reputed to be in the top 2 if not the best. Barca are leading La Liga by 11 points. Yet Chesea beat them (In a well deserved cracker). People say they can't get past proper European defences. Bayern being one of the most pronounced. And Chelsea (in fairness) thump them.

And what the hell is this about boring route one football? Having watched 90% of Chelsea's games this season I can safely say that that is the first time I have seen them use the long ball so much. Why? BECAUSE IT WORKED ON THE DAY! Jesus! If anything it shows how flexible the team can be in their attacks. The wings with Cole, Duff and Robben when he comes back are probably the most effective but against a very good defensive midfield and wing defence of Bayerns they found that the central defence was weak in the air. Drogba was not. A flaw in the "solid european defence" which they took advantage of. And it worked. They scored 4.

Jesus how can people criticise so much when all the Chelsea team have done this season is show how strong a team they are. In England and in Europe.

All I can say is Fúck the Begrudgers.

maybe i am biased. But i am still no fan of the whole chelsea circus. I dont think football should be played like that and chelsea dont look like a top top team, IMO. If Kerr started that craic, I would be up in arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Like ... WTF!?

The milan game was won by a first half against-the-run-of-play goal. Followed by a decent enough goal against a side who hung their heads for the remainder of the match. Quality? Please!

And poor Chelsea team?! Poor how exactly? They have done everything they wanted to do so far. They are one of the favourites to win. Is it because they offend your somewhat eccentric view of how football "should be played" or because they have failed to achieve?

And you think that Mourinho hasn't got the Italian sides measured as precise as he can? I think Chelsea will know more on the day about how to beat the Italian sides than vica versa. How do you think he did so well with Porto and is doing so well with Chelsea? The guy is implicit in his reading of the opposition.

• Advertisement

eccentric??? hoofing long balls down the centre of the pitch is not my idea of proper football, ya clown!!

what did I mean by crap Chelsea - well here goes
    The first goal was a hit and hope deflection that went in, the keeper had it covered. Scrapping in another goal on the 6 yard box from a corner like something out of division 2. A decent defence should have had it cleared.
    They were given loads of space up front, the Bayern defence was very poor. Poor ball rentention compared to Milan for example etc etc.

Well if you knew anything you would have copped on going down 1-0 or worse 2-0 against Milan more or less means its bye bye champions league. No wonder they had their heads down. The play is more deliberate, the quality of football is better (1 or 2 touch passing), tatics are better, they keep the ball better. Good Italians teams can soak up all the pressure and hit you on the break. They only need one proper chance and then can shut up shop for the rest of the game. I think thats quality IMO.

I said the italians sides will have chelsea well read by the time they meet them. I never mentioned anything about that clown mourinho getting it right on the night.

Mourinho is implicit in cheating. We know that much for sure. Just ask some of the teams that have played against Porto;)

Man Utd have been "buying" titles for ages - BECAUSE THEY HAD THE MONEY!

All I can say is Fúck the Begrudgers.

Despite that being untrue the money is not the reason. Chelsea spent lots of money last year and they were everyones second favourite team. I 'm afraid you final comment is nearer the mark and you may get used to it as it will only get worse the more sucessful your tyeam gets. Still your team winning lots of trophies will make it all worth while.

In fairness to Man Utd (im not a fan). When they played in Europe (at their best) they had their own style of play and stuck to it. They never restored to long balls from the off.

Lots of top teams spend a lot of money, but they play proper football, the way it should be played. The ends dont justify the means for me.

In fairness to Man Utd (im not a fan). When they played in Europe (at their best) they had their own style of play and stuck to it. They never restored to long balls from the off.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA ..ohh (catches breath) ...HAHAHAHHAHHAHA

So when Silvestre has the ball and whacks it long thats not a long ball its a pass?
    Silvestre and that pass have served Utd very well in recent years simply because they werent good enough to break teams down and forced to resort to the long pass as it shall now be known.

Chelsea tacticaly beat Bayern by exposing their weakness, simple as that.

kdjac

In fairness to Man Utd (im not a fan). When they played in Europe (at their best) they had their own style of play and stuck to it.
    If thats the case they are doing it all wrong and should start studying video's. I'm pretty sure its not the case though...

Why do you honestly think managers study video's?

They never restored to long balls from the off.

learn how to read
    Chelsea tacticaly beat Bayern by exposing their weakness, simple as that.

Good observation !. The point I was making was that it was poor football from such expensive players. Why dont they play ping pong every game then if its so effective? hmm... cos no one wants to see it ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Why dont they play ping pong every game then if its so effective?

Because it's not always effective. It was last night though. They don't play like that in the premiership because they don't need to. They can use the pace of Robben, Duff et al to get past most defences domestically. Against bayern that wasn't working so they changed gameplan and stuck four past them.
    Realistically, I cant see this poor Chelsea team beating the likes of Milan or Juve.
    If Liverpool can dominate Juve for 45 minutes, Chelsea should be able to hammer them.

Lets wait and see :D:D:D Ill eat my hat if im wrong.

Better get that hat ready. You mustn't watch Chelsea very often.

Lets wait and see :D:D:D Ill eat my hat if im wrong.
    You must be running out of hats after Barca and Bayern. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Ballack deserves to be shot and judging by the way he went down he already was . Good goals from Lampard , Chelsea saw Bayern's weakness and took advantage .

• Advertisement
Advertisement