Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puzzle in Die Hard Movie!

Options
  • 06-04-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Ok, I was watching Die Hard with a Vengeance the other day, and well, ya know the scene where they go to the water pond in the park and have to try use a 3 gallon and a five gallon jug to fit exactly 4 gallons and place it on the scales to disarm the bomb, how is it done?

I've rackled my brain and I'm still puzzled.

If ya fill the 5 to the top and pour it into the 3 gallon jug your left with 2 gallons in the 5 gallon jug, now where do I do to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

The 3 gallon jug is the key.

Fill the 5 gallon jug.
    Empty the 5 gallon jug into the 3 gallon jug, leaving 2 gallons.
    Empty the 3 gallon jug.
    Pour the 2 gallons from the 5 gallon jug into the 3 gallon jug.
    Fill the 5 gallon jug and use it to fill the 3 gallon jug.
    That leaves 4 gallons in the 5 gallon jug.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

empty the 3 gallon and pour the 2 gallons of water left in the 5 gallon jug into the 3 gallon jug. Fill up the 5 gallon jug. Fill up the 3 gallon jug with one gallon of the water from the 5 gallon jug. Pour out the 3 gallon jug.

Now the 5 gallon jug has 4 gallons of water in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Of course, damn I'm thick!

Thanks guys!

Advertisement