Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring C++ proxy

Options
  • 06-04-2005 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

I have a proxy written in C++ but i can't get it to work properly.When i run the .exe and set it to listen on port 80 the only addreess for which it will return the HTTP headers is 127.0.0.1. Anyone know how exactly i set my browser and proxy so that the proxy will read the HTTP headers for every page i open? Any help gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

wonderboy wrote:
    I have a proxy written in C++ but i can't get it to work properly.When i run the .exe and set it to listen on port 80 the only addreess for which it will return the HTTP headers is 127.0.0.1. Anyone know how exactly i set my browser and proxy so that the proxy will read the HTTP headers for every page i open? Any help gratefully appreciated.

Are you running one of those horrible Windows personal firewalls, that blocks on a per-app basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

no i have ZoneAlarm running but the .exe is given permission to run.Think i just need to know what exactly i set as the proxy in firefox? Should it be entered under socks host for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

wonderboy wrote:
    no i have ZoneAlarm running but the .exe is given permission to run.Think i just need to know what exactly i set as the proxy in firefox? Should it be entered under socks host for example?

Not unless it's a socks proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Got it working by setting proxy to 127.0.0.1 on prt 8080.
    Another question can i use two proxys at the same time i.e my own proxy and the network proxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well yes, i suppose if u have proxy code in your proxy it can route http requests through it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement