Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Dongle for 6230 ?

Options
  • 06-04-2005 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knew how much bluetooth dongles are in town ? Also dopes it matter what type I get (they're on ebay for as little as €6.99). Looking for one for the work PC

TNX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The Carphone Warehouse do them for E40 (100m), Maplin generally have them on promo for about E30 (10m), and I'm sure Peats etc will have them for the same rough price.

I think you can get one off Komplett for about E15...

As for E7 on Ebay, if that includes postage then you might as well go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

iMax wrote:
    dopes it matter what type I get

hi, since XP Service Pack 2, if you are running that, most CSR based chip-set adapters will work with it, you should be able to check compatibility before you buy, the vendor should state if it works or not, and Microsoft have compiled a list of ones they have tested... otherwise buy one that comes with an up-to-date version of the Widcomm Bluetooth Implementation (1.4+)

TDK are about the best adapters about (but you pay for them), Belkin are also fine (make sure you get the latest models though). Would avoid the unidentifiable models on eBay unless you can check it will work with XP SP2... i.e. those no-name adapters where you can't check to see what support the manufacturer offers / research it's compatibility

Advertisement