Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Info on Britton Insurance

Options
  • 06-04-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Has anyone ever used Britton Car Insurance.

They are quoting €800 cheaper than Hibernian on a Supra.

Please list any info you have on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Not quoting me as cheap as ARB on a 156. (€800 more expensive!) Try Wright Group Ltd in Wexford and see what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Not quoting me as cheap as ARB on a 156. (€800 more expensive!) Try Wright Group Ltd in Wexford and see what you get.

yeh one of the lads at work was on about them, do they have a website?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Shadow-Lord

Thanks "The Clown Man".

Tried "Wright Group Ltd" getting the same quote as Britton €1632 Full Comp on the Supra SZ (Non Turbo).

Here is the website for britton
    http://www.brittoninsurance.com/car.html

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

Thanks "The Clown Man".

Tried "Wright Group Ltd" getting the same quote as Britton €1632 Full Comp on the Supra SZ (Non Turbo).

Here is the website for britton
    http://www.brittoninsurance.com/car.html

how old are you? id kill for a quote like that on a supra, but im only 18

29 with full NCB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

they gave me a great quote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

HA.. HA.. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... HAHAHAHA.

"Wright Group is pleased to offer a Premium of €3,583.45"

HA..

No thanks, I think I'll go with the 1,035 renewal from Quinn...

spockety Is the quote with Quinn Direct.

I tried them and the said " They do not quote on Toyota Supra's "

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Sorry that was not on a Supra, was just trying to compare Wright Group with my current policy with Quinn to see if they could do it cheaper..

(BMW 320)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

i ve been with them for 2 years and they always match quinn directs quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

In the process of renewing my insurance at the moment (Alfa 156 GTA).
    I've been with St Paul for 3 yrs. This year's renewal was EUR400 less than last year. Got an extra 2pts on my licence in February bringing the total to 4; when I disclosed this (renewal notice stipulated this was a requirement) they added EUR200 to the quote. I protested that the two incidents were 13 months apart, but no joy.

After seeing this thread I rang Britton insurance this morning. Without the 4pts they gave me a quote EUR50 less than St Paul's original quote. They only added EUR100 to the quote after disclosing the 4pts (i.e. EUR150 less overall).
    Thinking St Paul would compete to keep my business, I mentioned the lower quote to the broker. They weren't interested (surprising considering I have 7 clean years with them).

Obviously, I'm switching to Britton (I believe Lloyds is the insurer in my case).

Advertisement