Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio dot net error (urgent)

Options
  • 06-04-2005 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

my fyp is in on friday so im badly stuck!

my error is every cin and cout the identifier is not found i have included iostream and fstream even name space std, but still cant figure it out any ideas my code is right, maybe its the type of project i have selected its win32 project does this stop the stream some where in the settings??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Has it always compiled or is this a recent thing to start happening? Have you tried to compile it on a different machine and then the errors arise ? Have you tried to compile through the command line?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Replace:
    cout << "Blah";

with
    std::cout << "Blah";

And make sure you're including iostream, NOT iostream.h

C++: the language that changes every five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

You sure that you've put in
    using namespace std
    correctly?

If the std:: prefix works then probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Ah, new frontiers for spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

odion wrote:
    Hello, Compliment of the season to you over there, . I saw your (2)item and i will like to buy it for my son that will be doing hIS birthday next week , so mail me now the amount you will be selling it and the UPS/FEDEX/DHL/TNT/ express shipment . i will be paying you through MONEY ORDER OR BIDPAY OR WIRE TRANSFER. is urgent so mail me your name address ,so i can pay by money order and you can ship it to him in africa. this is the address of my son BEN JOHNSON 5 moyo agoro street ifako ijaiye ogba lagos nigeria 23401 GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS AND YOUR NAME AND THE TOTAL MONEY SO I CAN PAY"

wtf??? yeah hold on and i give u my address after that bullcrap

• Advertisement
Advertisement