Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitch Hikers guide

• 06-04-2005 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

How bad do you expect this movie really to be when it comes out this month? How can you make a book that good, with so much inner dialogue into a half decent movie? I dunno if it's possible...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There are some dreadful reviews on imdb. I hope they are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I reckon it be very good, just remember its not a book its a movie based on a book.
    So if your favourite 46000 words are not in word for word, its ok once you get the point. Some good casting and its looks like it will follow the general plot of the book.

Looks better than everything in the current top 10 already (cept Sin sity).

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

apart from an unwanted cheesy love story the film is meant to be close to the book and alan rickman doing marvin's voice is simply genius.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

my hopes are high, the casting is perfect, plus from the looks of the trailer it will be damn funny and the screenplay was written by the man himself, Douglas Adams so should be pretty faithful to the book bar the love story element! i wouldnt pay attention to reviews on imdb...if they've seen it it was obviously an unfinished cut, plus it's not what they think that matters y'know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

My hopes are low. I love this book. Just re-read it but i am really nervous TBH.

How on earth do you make
    a missile being improbably turned into a whale just before destroying the ship and then the last/first thoughts of this whale as it plumments to the ground
    into a movie???

I will see it but have no idea how this will work.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nevernev wrote:
    My hopes are low. I love this book. Just re-read it but i am really nervous TBH.

How on earth do you make
    a missile being improbably turned into a whale just before destroying the ship and then the last/first thoughts of this whale as it plumments to the ground
    into a movie???

I will see it but have no idea how this will work.

two words Voice Over :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If its done as well as the "Movie Trailers" advert, it'll be hilarious...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It was best on radio but, I liked the TV series too , so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    apart from an unwanted cheesy love story the film is meant to be close to the book and alan rickman doing marvin's voice is simply genius.

Will he just redo "Metatron" voice I wonder??, for Marvin I would have thought Jeremery Irons, and Eddie played by Dennis Miller!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What clips I've seen from the show look good and in keeping with the tone of the book.

• Advertisement
Advertisement