Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oi Mike, you set up a limit game!

Options
  • 06-04-2005 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

As it says above.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Ah, a slight error on my part :D

If it's good enough for the yanks it's good enough for us !

I originally cocked up on the game time and must have forgot to change from the default when redoing it!

Looks like it will be a laugh anyway :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Do we still get points? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think the results should stand for the league :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

My impression on Limit:

Nuts on flop (trip 5) = Max bet
    2nd nuts on turn = max bet
    3rd nuts on river = am all-in

Rags (Q3o) stay in for runner runner to hit a single card straight. I bust out.

This Limit thing is fixed I tell you, fixed!

;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've put the points on for this tourney. I don't see why they shouldn't have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

We should have a random game of Mike's choosing once a month. Without warning! It would make things interesting! Anyone any good at Stud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Interesting game alright, not exactly what I was expecting for my first run out! To state the obvious, anyone with any limit experience at all had a huge advantage. Even quad jacks couldn't save me from an early exit, although I was seated between Shortstack and KeepThePiece (BrendanB?)... talk about being caught in a vice (by the b****x) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'll repeat what I said last night, limit is pure evil. It was like being bound to a chair and forced to watch 24 hours of old Terry Christian interviews from The Word, except much, much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I dunno lads, I was raking it in with monsters like J 4o & 5 2o. Sorry about that Brian, you were on the wrong end of a couple of them hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I got the hell out of dodge as soon as possible (who would have thought max betting 85os from UTG wouldnt win the hand?) as I cant hack limit holdem at all. Played a 20+2 nlh tourney with 580 runners at 9 and came in 40th so it wasn't a bad night! I'd be into a random stud tourney alright, or some PLO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Imposter wrote:
    We should have a random game of Mike's choosing once a month. Without warning! It would make things interesting! Anyone any good at Stud?

What about if the winner choses the game for the next week?

Just a warning. When its my turn I'll pick PL Omaha H/L Mwuaaauhuhuhuhuaaa! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Seeing as though everybody seemed to have so much fun due to my error I think once a month we should mix it up a little. I will give prior warning though so people can swot up a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

BigDragon wrote:
    My impression on Limit:

Nuts on flop (trip 5) = Max bet
    2nd nuts on turn = max bet
    3rd nuts on river = am all-in

Rags (Q3o) stay in for runner runner to hit a single card straight. I bust out.

This Limit thing is fixed I tell you, fixed!

;)

Heh, sorry 'bout that. Was on the BB, bored and decided to chase it.

Played fairly wild all night, I also hit a K on the river late on against KeepThePiece having gone all-in (slow process) with KQ on a Q high flop against his bullets. I then tempted fate once too often and went waaay too far with pocket 3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

NickyOD wrote:
    PL Omaha H/L Mwuaaauhuhuhuhuaaa! :p

Bring it on!

Advertisement