Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a deal! really

• 06-04-2005 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

LOL it really IS a good deal... did you spot it? (if it's old news please delete thanks, looked around but didnt find it)

http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/bladerunner/showContent.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0287957951.1112814022@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddefkigggmcefeceiedffndffj.0&cid=BroadbandWhatProductIsForMeRes&site=Res&chanId=-536883915

FREE 2 month subscription on eircom broadband home plus: FREE connection, FREE router and 2 month's FREE subscription.

Downstream and upstream speeds*

Monthly megabyte allowance

Additional equipment

Monthly rental

Connection fee

Technical support

2GB downstream and 128k upstream.*

16GB download unlimited upload.

FREE netopia wi-fi router as part of our promotion. Normal price: €145.20 (inc. VAT).

FREE two month subscription when connected before June 30th. Normal price: €54.45 (inc. VAT).

FREE as part of our promotion. Normal price: €99 (inc. VAT) for self-install.

* These speeds are not guaranteed as eircom broadband is rate adaptive i.e. a distance dependant technology.

** We have reduced the contract period from 12 months to 6 months.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

god's toy wrote:

Just incase they change it!
    eircom2gb_thumb.png
    Click for larger Image

Yeahh users can now reach their cap in 8seconds :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ha, nice one. I may be convinced to switch to ericom now :D.... but with that cap wouldn't you break it in, like... a minute :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Hahaha... fewlsinhagens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I really think they haven't got a bleedin clue what they are doing. What sort of mickey-mouse operation are they running. I'm surprised the cap isn't lower than the actual download speed.

1.5GB download unlimited upload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

This is like Porche selling a 911 GT with 600bhp and limiting the engine top speed to 30kph !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GavinJCD

That's a pretty silly mistake to make alright. Somebody probably scirbbled the text down on a piece of paper and gave it to the webmaster.

Makes you wonder what other stupid things they be doing.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

makes you wonder what's so masterful about the webmaster (he's probably to most technical person in eircom, he should know better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Cremo wrote:
    makes you wonder what's so masterful about the webmaster (he's probably to most technical person in eircom, he should know better)

And you are....Mr.KnowItAll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

It's funny, but for heaven's sake, it's just a typo. With so many reasons to lash Eircom why pick this?

Considering the total confusion here on boards about Kb Mb MB/s etc, it's a bit rich to slag off another ordinary Joe who made a simple typing error! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

OMG, I've just agreed with I am MAN :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Well dont be afraid to agree with me just because i'm not against Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

GavinJCD wrote:
    That's a pretty silly mistake to make alright. Somebody probably scirbbled the text down on a piece of paper and gave it to the webmaster.

The 'webmaster' is the one person who would spot something like that, if he was worth his wage. I'm sure it was copy/pasted by some lacky moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'd say more a case of wishful thinking than a typo...I mean the G key is fully 3+ cm away from the M key...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

What's funny is that both the digits are wrong: Mb not GB i.e. Megabits not GigaBytes.

I wonder if you signed up could you hold them to the 2GB (16Gb) download :D

causal

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Funny thing, if the service reallly was 2GB / 128K then it would actually grind to a halt if you tried to download anything. The upstream would be saturated by the overhead required for the download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Just out of curiosity, roughly what is the downstream:upstream ratio for say a typical TCP session?

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

50:1 tcp, approximately, for a single connection

Advertisement