Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first Real Money Online Experience $$

Options
  • 06-04-2005 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi guys you might remember i posted a few days ago about switching from play money to real money.... well i've done it, just this evening and i'm just after completing my first game....
    Pokerrooms.com, i put in $50 to get me playing the $5 SnGs. I gotta say it was fairly tough going from the play money system as there were some fine players at the table. Started with $1500 chips for the most part i was in about 8th or 9th place with about $1000 and playing uncharacteristically loose, there was no need for it. Caught my break when i got pocket As8s and flop showed 3s5s9s. Had one caller to my check raise who ended up making two pair on the river but my ace high nut flush brought me up to $2.5k, which i didnt keep for too long. Lost position again but tightened up to try finish ITM. I'm telling ya but my heart was going mad the whole time, i got a great buzz off it! So myself and two other short stacks battled it out against two big guns, i was really just playing hard here for 3rd, we were stuck in this stalemate for ages. Down to $800 i went all-in with K9s against chip leaders A4o, thanks be to God but i caught a king on the river and held on in. Anyway to cut top the chase the other short stacks ended up knocking eachother out and the chip leader knocked out the other big gun leaving us for some heads up action, i was on £3k now and him on $12k. Strategy was all-in or fold super-aggressive and try not to call his all-ins, just make my own calls. Got him down to $4k and went all-in with ajax AJ which beat his A9 and gave me the $25 top prize!
    Why didnt i do this sooner, thanks for all the help and advice.. (esp nicky)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

well done,you will never go back to play money once you have stepped over into the promised land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

DeLaBass wrote:
    I'm telling ya but my heart was going mad the whole time, i got a great buzz off it!

I really enjoyed this post, brought back great memories of those first real money games. Fair play, not a bad start at all, long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

just to update......... played two more tourneys. won the $5 sng, got $25 and finished third in the $10 sng and won $20 so still in profit. :)

loving this game!

Advertisement