Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

county hall

Options
  • 06-04-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me are the going to knock down the county hall.. it looks terrible at the moment.
    btw.. how come hardly anyone posts in here anymore. come on cork.
    lets try find the fugitive next week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

hey yeah the county hall is really manky.. I can't see how they are going to get away with leaving it there. though the new buildings beside it are really nice...

hmm find the fugitive.. there's a tall order!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

gubby wrote:
    can anyone tell me are the going to knock down the county hall.. it looks terrible at the moment.
    btw.. how come hardly anyone posts in here anymore. come on cork.
    lets try find the fugitive next week

I say knock the ****e out of everything south and west of louth!!
    Cork is a dump and is full of smelly sheep shaggers,
    Oh and roy keane is a cu`nt!!

Pighead wrote:
    I say knock the ****e out of everything south and west of louth!!
    Cork is a dump and is full of smelly sheep shaggers,
    Oh and roy keane is a cu`nt!!
    :rolleyes: langer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't think there are any plans to demolish County Hall, I'm afraid that's just wishful thinking. Sure they only installed a canopy to catch the bits falling off it a few years ago!*

What's this fugitive thing about?

adam /waits to be disappointed by something idiotic

* Not a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

fugitive is some 96FM thing

*spits*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

They're working on the county hall atm. They've taken the windows off some of the upper floors - you can see right through the building from the 3rd floor of the science building.

I think they're working on cladding the building to stop the bits falling off.

Speaking of airplanes, I've heard tell that the Flynn development on the old Sorting Office site is going to be something like 17 stories, taller than the County Hall. Sounds cool. Anyone got more info?

adam

where's the old sorting office.. over by the quays? there is supposed to be a huge building going up over there, think there are simulations of it in the docklands strategy.. it's online if u wanna peek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

since im doing nothing at work i'll have a peek, whats the URL?

http://www.murrayolaoire.com/news_04/04_01_28/WaterStreet.html
    ok here's a link with info. the images etc from the cork city site are gone down.. typical!!!

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote:
    where's the old sorting office.. over by the quays?
    Yeah. If you stand facing City Hall it's down the street to the left, behind Anglesea Street Garda Station.
    think there are simulations of it in the docklands strategy.. it's online if u wanna peek!
    Sure, yeah. It appears there were some objections on a parking front, which seemed bizarre to me when described first. Can't remember the details now though. It has to be said, the quay the new hotel is on (Kyrls Quay?) is looking well now, real "citylike". Presumably the other building is office space?

While I'm on the subject, is there any way I could find out what residential blocks will come on stream soon, or have just come available? All the apartments available for rent at the moment are either too dingy or too expensive. (Trinity Court is outrageous!)

adam

Advertisement