Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP 5.03 and 4.3.1 differences?

Options
  • 06-04-2005 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can get the differences between PHP 5.03 and PHP 4.3.1? I developed a website locally using 5.0.3 and it works perfectly, but when I uploaded it to my hosting company's server it is behaving very differently and half of it is not working. I was hoping that if I could get an idea of the differences in the 2 PHP versions it might help me debug the issues.

Thanks. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

PHP's site has something about this, I think. Something that comes to mind is that the server may not register parameters of variables (which would be sensible of it). So to access a parameter "parameter" you'd have to do $_REQUEST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That was introduced in the upgrade from 3 to 4, not 4 to 5 IIRC, definately somewhere along the lines of 4 anyway. I encountered that about 2 years ago, 5 definately wasn't around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Doesn't look like it's PHP that is causing the problem. I setup the same environment locally that my hosting company uses and everything works perfectly locally, but still having problems online.
    Now I'm really confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

sjones wrote:
    That was introduced in the upgrade from 3 to 4, not 4 to 5 IIRC, definately somewhere along the lines of 4 anyway. I encountered that about 2 years ago, 5 definately wasn't around then.

Yep, but it was optional in 4. A lot of hosting companies used it, most desktop installations didn't.

Advertisement