Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL trial or new eircom offer??

• 06-04-2005 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi,

I signed up for the IOL 3month trial and because I only received my eircom account number today the order with IOL could only go through today. The salesperson said it was no problem giving my account number late and that I would still get the trial. But now I see the new eircom offer with no connection fee and only a 6 month contract. Should I cancel the IOL offer and sign up with eircom or continue as is?????

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

It's too early to say. At the moment since the upgrades, Eircom have the best package. IOL/UTV still have to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Thomas

true, iol and utv will no doubt at least match eircoms offer but if i take the 3 month trial now i'll become ineligible for the new offers from iol/utv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Well iolBB better react soon, because with the way eircom are cost cutting their Broadband packages I may end up cancelling iolBB before the end of the 3months and crawling back to eircom.

When you take into account the install fee of €80 the eircom packages is better value over a 12month period.

Well I'm hopeing for a doubling of the CAP....so no doubling of iolBB CAP no iolBB contract with me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 AceHigh

You're lucky to be getting though. That offer ended last week. I rang about it today and it ended last friday. €90 install and 12 mth contract now.

Pity. the trial was very handy, specially with 2 phone lines.
    Start with eircom 2 months free trial on Line 1. Then get IOL on Line 2 for 3 mths.
    It takes about 1-2 months to get the cancellation number from Eircom if you want to switch to IOL.

Thats 5 months free BB.

Then get IOL on Line 1... 3 more mths...when that runs out get Eircom on Line 2 to finish the 10 FREE months Broadband.

You might say...why would you be bothered...€400 is what it would have cost, excluding installation ( if that asn't free).

I'm not a scrouge but i hate corporate bodies fleecing the public. This is one little man on his own getting as much out of them as he can.

AceHigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 AceHigh

I spelt scrooge wrong didnt I...

• Advertisement
Advertisement