Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoldenEye [Rogue Agent] DS

Options
  • 06-04-2005 11:16pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

IGN have a preview up and have new screen shots. Its bust my GoldenEye bubble a bit, mainly cause there are no "wow" details in there. Still the new screens are worth a look.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/601/601963p1.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if it's rouge agent i don't wanna know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Looks like Eck's V's Sever on the GBA. Not impressed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

isn't that the dreadfull ea rip off of goldeneye?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

DAM YOU! Change the title to "Goldeneye: The Crap One DS". I demand it.

I hate when a topic title gives false hopes.

Grrr. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Goldeneye.

If its not made by rare does anyone care. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Couldnt give a ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looks crap tbh. Hope we get some really good FPS games on the DS at some stage.
    Make it stop, EA...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wonder if its a straight conversion of the console one, or is it slightly reworked?

I hope it is - Rogue Agent was absolutely dreadful!

Why an Earth would this be the first FPS from EA to be released? :confused:

Surely they could do a DS version of some other semi-decent shooter, but they had to go and do this one. Surely they know how much everyone hates this game?

I'm really angry about this! No way im forking out €40+ for this shambles of a game. What would be really cool would be a DS version of Ecks VS Server or Ice Nine, both great FPS on the GBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

its actually Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
    the the thread title should be renamed !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

MobileInfantry, you just got me thinking... why didn't they port over TS:FP???

Now that would be good!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I mean if they did that they'd have a surefire hit. I mean come on - Rogue Agent??

No-one in their right mind would buy that!

I'd love to know who said, right, what's the best game we can throw out there for our first DS game? Rogue Agent? Okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

class graphics but sadly its rogue agent
    damn you EA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its out in June so we will know all about it failry soon id say. 8 players off one card as well.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/602/602415p1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Tusky wrote:
    Couldnt give a ****e.

well said that man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

1huge1 wrote:
    class graphics but sadly its rogue agent
    damn you EA

the graphics look terrible ... pre-PSone ... i said it before and i say it again, the DS does not do N64 quality 3D ... in fact, judging by the screen shots, far from it.

Come on Nintendo, I spend 150 yo-yos on your brick ... give us soom of the Nintendo magic! :mad:

I never judge the DS by screen shots they dont give a good impresion of the Gfx, wait for a vid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1569

trailer there, damn thought it was origional N64 Goldeneye, Its not, pity

8 players off one card as well.

Actually, if thats true, that will make the prospect of someone buying it higher.....one player game is shít, but I'm sure multiplayer on the bus with 3 or 4 mates would be an alright laugh

Graphics in the trailer arn't bad but who ever was playing didn't seem to be using touch screen aiming. If they put in touch screen walking/running instead of aiming that would be really really ****.

Rew wrote:
    Graphics in the trailer arn't bad but who ever was playing didn't seem to be using touch screen aiming. If they put in touch screen walking/running instead of aiming that would be really really ****.

not bad GFX? theyre horrible just horrible

• Advertisement

not bad GFX? theyre horrible just horrible

They are pretty bad, the weapon models and worlds look pretty good put those enemies look REALLY dodgey....

Almost like GBA style.

The orignal GoldenEye didn't look any better from what I saw there...

you can do a lot with DS GFX and to come out with GFX like that is piss poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Gizzard wrote:
    you can do a lot with DS GFX and to come out with GFX like that is piss poor

watch it at the same resolution as the DS screens..

watch it at the same resolution as the DS screens..

That still doesn't explain the crappy character models and ropey animation.

Lets hope they fix that up before release....and even if they do, it'll still suck anyway more then likely.

EA, what were you thinking releasing this as the first EA Fps on the DS.....?

My theory says that Sony actually paid them more money to release this on the DS as well. :D

It will make the DS look like it can't do good traditional FPS games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Cremo wrote:
    if it's rouge agent i don't wanna know

Yeah down with spys in make-up ....boooo!

IGN have new screen shots and a load of new vids up as part of a Hands-On article. Vids are well wortyh a look. AI looks a bit rough but it looks like its going to be a good DS title. You can grab a bad guy after you pistol whip him and use him as a humna shield then thro him at the another guy and slaughter them both :)

http://ds.ign.com/articles/607/607950p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Rew wrote:
    IGN have new screen shots and a load of new vids up as part of a Hands-On article. Vids are well wortyh a look. AI looks a bit rough but it looks like its going to be a good DS title. You can grab a bad guy after you pistol whip him and use him as a humna shield then thro him at the another guy and slaughter them both :)

http://ds.ign.com/articles/607/607950p1.html

no...it doesnt look like it will be a good DS title...it looks terrible!

The quality of the vids is rubish alright and the dodgy music which im assuming isnt staying but that aside it looks lie it has potential. Im not writing it off yet anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement