Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bit of Fry and Laurie

• 06-04-2005 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Anyone catch this on Comedy Connections last night on BBC1? The majority of their sketches were superb, especially the 7 or 8 mins ones. Paramount didn't show all of the final series though and replaced it with Reeves and Mortimer.

Fry: "Yes I was quite shocked when my son broguht his boyfriend home and said he was a homosexual"

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Yeah it was a good show, i always felt that Fry and Laurie were a cut above the rest of the other comic double acts, very clever, very middle class and took the piss out of their own college life and society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The best bits are the MI5 type organisation where they are all very nice to each other.

And the two business men who are always on the verge of having their company taken over by 'Margery'.

Stephen: You have a daughter, I believe?
    Hugh: Yeah. Yeah, Henrietta.
    Stephen: Did he, did he? I'm sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"My mother voted Conservative and my father Labour, which means I should be Liberal Democrat but actually I'm a Nazi!" :)

Good series except for the last one which like so many BBC2 shows went over to BBC1 and died as it was tweaked to be more mainstream.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I think they paved the way for the likes of steve coogan and chris morris to break into the mainstream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Do they repeat it anywhere on satelite? I'd love to see it again. I always loved the cocktails at the end. "Sloopy Twist!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

It was on Paramount 2, but not anymore. It will return though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

A bit of Fry and Laurie? That's completely over. Finished. Done with. Over
    and finished. Done over and finished with. Over.You understand? Finished over with. Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

There is of course this

I can't find my favourite sketch there, though. It's the one where Hugh breaks character a couple of times to comment on how great Stephen is in the sketch they're doing. Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Thanks for the link corblimey. They were the best thing in TV comedy 12-15 years ago
    VOX POP

Hugh
    My wife and I were thinking of going to Ireland personally, to see what all the fuss is about. But we couldn't face having all the injections.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

And the two business men who are always on the verge of having their company taken over by 'Margery'.
    DAAAAMMMMMMM!

Stephen Fry being interviewed in the street in a dress and saying "Did I leave the iron on?" is a family favourite for some reason.

I used to have scripts of that particular season but I can't find them any more. Are they out on DVD yet I wonder?

adam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not on DVD as such, but I have acquired the first series through less conventional means.

Advertisement