Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maynooth sucks

Options
  • 07-04-2005 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

theres nothing to do there but drink and smoke
    I want a cinema, bowling and a few decent pubs and clubs
    what about mc donalds!!!

GRRRR :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Quit yer whinin and get your degree..

Liffey Valley is only 25 mins on the bus. Used to take me that long to walk to my bustop, from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You have a free gym, a free pool, and plenty of traffic free roads on which to run or cycle...

(Oh yeah, a free Library and free internet access)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

serabi wrote:
    what about mc donalds!!!

Hmm, I gather you dont like Maynooth much

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=241318

Go home. That will fix all your problems. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Burger King> Mcdonalds

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

serabi wrote:
    I want ...... and a few decent pubs and clubs

Why would you want more pubs 'n' clubs if there's nothing to do but drink and smoke?
    Have you checked out the new Glen bar(not the nightclub), it's really nice.

Isn't there a cinema in the aula maxima? (admittedly not the best)

How would a bowling alley & cinema make it that much of a better place?

It's a small developing town.
    It will have these things and more in place in the next few years. Give me an example of a town this size with the facilities that you want.

I bet if these facilities were in place you'd still be bitching about having nothing to do or the expense of it all!

As said earlier there's a free gym and pool in the college, or you can choose to pay for better facilities in the glenroyal.
    There's a fishing lake on the Dunboyne road, easy walking distance. Or you could go for cheap and fish in the canal!
    A par 3 18-hole golf course out the Moyglare Road about a mile out. It's cheap enough.

So off the top of my head there's G.A.A. Rugby,Soccer, Martial Arts, Gym, Pool, Fishing, Golf, Restaraunt, Cafe and Pub facilities in the place.

And most imprtantly (for a bloke) a great ratio of men to women!

Again, what more do you want?

Oh yeah, McDonalds, gimme a fkin break! That's the last thing I'd want in a town,less of that sh1te. There's so many takeaways and fasst food places here now the council won't allow anymore 'cos of the litter. At least they get something right!

2 X Macari's, 2 X Pizzeria's, 2 X Chinese, Supermacs. Enough thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

I agree entirely - one of the best things about Maynooth is once you get onto the Kilcock Road, you're in the country. There's this big university just sitting there, all state of the art and whatnot, and you're in the country. Excellent.

As a Maynooth alumnus [psychology], now studying in a decidedly more urban university, that is definitely something that students should take advantage of.

The absence of McD's is one of the best things about Maynooth. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

serabi wrote:
    what about mc donalds!!!

Go back to Cork then you outsider!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

If one is bored with Maynooth then one is bored with life.

The town has a lot more going for it than the ****ty backwaters that the majority of the students came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Supermacs is much nicer...smoky bacon burgers uhmmmmmm

As for clubs yeh the place is lacking but id rather go back 2 a party where there is a dj and decent beats than pay a 10r in to some basement like in temple bar

The social life is the best in Ireland in Maynooth.If I win d lotto im going back! the roost is class and the LA,glenroyal and student bar can b dreadful if ur havin a bad nite n drank dodgy pints in plastic pint glasses but its what u make of it that counts and u can have the best nite ever in these places.
    Maynnoth so great cause it doesnt have d stuck up langers that the UCD/Trinity put in your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

McDonalds is crap.

And what about all the clubs and societies in college something there has to interest you. Go to a club train a few times a week that'll take up some time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ixion

serabi wrote:
    what about mc donalds!!!

Yeah well we all want a lot of things, life sucks get used to it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

Slow coach wrote:
    You have a free gym, a free pool, and plenty of traffic free roads on which to run or cycle...

(Oh yeah, a free Library and free internet access)

sure, u obviously dont drive anyways
    worst traffic in the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

DingChavez wrote:
    Burger King> Mcdonalds

Indeed.

not a hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

serabi wrote:

I do drive but i didn't say it was traffic free through the town. and anyway running/cycling wouldn't really be affected by the traffic.

And, if you do drive to and from college and you don't know the back roads to get to college, well, they're not thst difficult to find

Traffic is pretty bad, but that's mainly at peak times and, can be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

serabi wrote:

I do drive, and I cycle. I wouldn't train up and down the mainstreet! There are plenty of relatively traffic-free back roads on which to train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

serabi wrote:
    roger that
    plenty of traffic free roads on which to run or cycle...
    er lol

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

serabi wrote:

You want a bowling alley & cinema so you can look at their pretty windows, before moving on to go to the pub and head home for a smoke later :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

I agree entirely - one of the best things about Maynooth is once you get onto the Kilcock Road, you're in the country. There's this big university just sitting there, all state of the art and whatnot, and you're in the country. Excellent.

As a Maynooth alumnus [psychology], now studying in a decidedly more urban university, that is definitely something that students should take advantage of.

The absence of McD's is one of the best things about Maynooth. Long may it continue.

/me applauds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

The novelty of McDonald's really should have worn off by now people. Have a look at Supersize Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Gael wrote:
    The novelty of McDonald's really should have worn off by now people. Have a look at Supersize Me.
    Or read "Fast Food Nation"

• Advertisement
Advertisement