Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice - Airport to Rail Station?

• 07-04-2005 6:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello All-
    I usually get to Killarney via Shannon but this time I'm flying into Cork. I'll need to get to the railway station from the airport - is it a long way or a hassle to get to? Is there some sort of regular bus that runs between the airport and trains?

If I didn't have to drag a suitcase behind me I'd love to spend the day in the city but practicality has to win out :rolleyes:

thanks for any help in advance!

TrishMvhl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭logonapr

There are regular buses to the main bus station which is only a 5 minute walk to the railway station.
    Even a taxi ride would take less than 15 minutes unless it was at rush hours so fare would probably be around €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,567 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

TrishMvhl wrote:
    Hello All-
    I usually get to Killarney via Shannon but this time I'm flying into Cork. I'll need to get to the railway station from the airport - is it a long way or a hassle to get to? Is there some sort of regular bus that runs between the airport and trains?

If I didn't have to drag a suitcase behind me I'd love to spend the day in the city but practicality has to win out :rolleyes:

thanks for any help in advance!

TrishMvhl

As mentioned, there are buses from airport to bus station. TBH I reckon you're better off getting the bus to Killarney from there, rather than the train. Buses at least every hour (if not 30 min), takes about 90 min or so. Route 40. Trains to Killarney are pretty infrequent AFAIK, and the bus and train stations there are adjacent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah definitely agree the bus to Killarney is every hour. it's the Tralee bus and is way cheaper and takes pretty much the same time as the train. the Kerry trains are the old shaky ones.. which doesn't help matters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TrishMvhl

Ah, thanks for the advice about the bus - I'll definitely consider it! All for saving money :)

I thought maybe the train would be quicker, but in the end it's best to ask the people who know. Thanks all!

TrishMvhl

Advertisement