Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint letter to Eircom -

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Drapper wrote:
    lol

what service was your answer I bet?

...you betcha!

Honestly though, I told them setting aside the frustration of my BB attainment, I probably WOULD go with they're BB if the package was the cheapest / best transfer / cap within the market...

...They're a far cry from any of these accolades!

The Salesperson told me she would make a note of my grievance to her supervisor - Wonder if even that will happen?

Still no sign of Eircom releasing my line to BT - Relying on 56k to upload my sites, probably gonna be stung with a whopper of a last bill!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nearly 7 months waiting for a BB phoneline now. Its still no time at all by Irish standards.

Shows that if you buy a house in new estate x in Dublin , completion date Jan 2006, you need to order a phone line now in order to have it in when you take possession.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Nearly 7 months waiting for a BB phoneline now. Its still no time at all by Irish standards.

Shows that if you buy a house in new estate x in Dublin , completion date Jan 2006, you need to order a phone line now in order to have it in when you take possession.

Crickey - I hope it'll be no longer than another fortnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DancesWithChimp

sticker wrote:
    Well, finally had an engineer arrive this morning - He fixed up two sockets, the lines solid but they need to be activated at the exchange...

FORWARD MOMENTUM!

PS - Whats the best Broadband package to go with atm... in terms of a high cap and high speed.

Cheers in Advance...

Hey Sticker...good to hear you've got some progress.
    I ended up talking to our local TD about it and it looks like we're getting closer. Eircom have been digging up the roads around Kilcock putting down new cables for our estate and the last I heard from the TD helping us out is that Eircom have informed her that service should be provided in the next 2 weeks or so.

What disgrace we have to wait this long though.

• Advertisement

Hey Sticker...good to hear you've got some progress.
    I ended up talking to our local TD about it and it looks like we're getting closer. Eircom have been digging up the roads around Kilcock putting down new cables for our estate and the last I heard from the TD helping us out is that Eircom have informed her that service should be provided in the next 2 weeks or so.

What disgrace we have to wait this long though.

Absolutley mate - Cheers again for all your help. Just waiting by the phone now for a courier to call!!

...still waiting! Comeon Eircom - let me go...!

10 day are up... tick tock!

sticker wrote:
    10 day are up... tick tock!

Just got a call from Eircom today, some engineer told me that the lines and service was ready and to try and plug a phone in and...voila...dial tone.
    At last!!!
    It looked like they had finished the cabling in the town last week so I was expecting to have the line turned on soon.

Now my next challenge is getting broadband. I have to wait for their scheduled ping of all phone lines in the exchange before eircom will update me as "PASSED" in their database for DSL compatibility. No idea how often they run the test. Could be a couple of weeks.
    Then probably another 2 weeks to get enabled and get hooked into BB service provider.

Does the waiting ever end?

Hope u get your line soon!

Just got a call from Eircom today, some engineer told me that the lines and service was ready and to try and plug a phone in and...voila...dial tone.
    At last!!!
    It looked like they had finished the cabling in the town last week so I was expecting to have the line turned on soon.

Now my next challenge is getting broadband. I have to wait for their scheduled ping of all phone lines in the exchange before eircom will update me as "PASSED" in their database for DSL compatibility. No idea how often they run the test. Could be a couple of weeks.
    Then probably another 2 weeks to get enabled and get hooked into BB service provider.

Does the waiting ever end?

Hope u get your line soon!

Cheers Dances! Glad to hear you're over the first hurdle! If they come back with a FAIL for Broadband, keep pushing...! They failed me, and after a plethora of phone calls, I'm now on the pigs back! In my experience, it sometimes depends on the tosser you get at the other end of the line, One Sales staff told me NO - FAIL, then next (in BB Dept) told me it might need a little work and got it sorted...

Best a luck with it, Let me know how things go...

Conor.

• Advertisement

...Three weeks waiting yesterday... :confused:

Is there anything I can do to speed this up?! or is it just a case of waiting for a call... Don't suppose Eircom have any motivation to move seeing as I'm leaving them.

Best I can do is keep this thread alive and bad PR them!

SORTED FINALLY!

BT Modem arrived today and I'm connecting at 2 meg a second... Absolutely no problems with setup...

BIG THANKS to everyone who helped me out... Cheers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

welcome back to bb world

Drapper wrote:
    welcome back to bb world

Cheers Mate

DSL SYNC light just came on GREEN on my temporary DSL modem today.
    Rang BT today and they confirmed DSL is live on my line.
    I can use my crappy temporary DSL modem for now, BT modem should arrive in the next day or two.

At long f**king last the wait is over.
    And 5 days before the 1 year anniversary of my moving into my new home.
    What a joke!
    10 months to get a phone line coz Eircom are useless, another 2 months to get BB coz BT are useless.

Ah well...I'm happy now.
    Cheers lads!

DSL SYNC light just came on GREEN on my temporary DSL modem today.
    Rang BT today and they confirmed DSL is live on my line.
    I can use my crappy temporary DSL modem for now, BT modem should arrive in the next day or two.

At long f**king last the wait is over.
    And 5 days before the 1 year anniversary of my moving into my new home.
    What a joke!
    10 months to get a phone line coz Eircom are useless, another 2 months to get BB coz BT are useless.

Ah well...I'm happy now.
    Cheers lads!

Congrats Mate! Nice one...

Advertisement