Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

going to the south pole need help

• 07-04-2005 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Bit od a strange one for you guys but here goes. I want to launch a expedition to the anartctic and i need some help. How excatly des one go about munting a expidition, Whos premisssion to i need to get , what level will i neeed to get my fitness to Sponsership et etc. I need your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭aoa321

WHY are you going to the South Pole, what is the purpose of the expedition? What is your background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

you'll just need A LOT of money. Why not the north pole? i hear it's nicer than the south pole:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

bonzai bob wrote:
    you'll just need A LOT of money. Why not the north pole? i hear it's nicer than the south pole:)

wouldn't that be the question of penguins and polar bears?
    would you like to be eaten by a penguin or a polar bear.

would agree though, LOTS of money would help and a reason.
    btw AvP was only a film, so it is ardly likely to find a temple 2 miles under the Ice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bluto

Iam looking to recreate Shackeltons failed expidtion from 1914-16. When you say lots. Whats a lot. Iam ex Millitary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

thousands. and thousands more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Pat Falvey is going. Next year too I believe >>Beyond Endurance. He's recreating Shackeltons journey too. I'm afraid he may pip you to the post as he's good at that kind of thing.

How exactly does one go about mounting an expedition? That's like asking how does one build a formula one car. It takes a lot of knowledge which, imho, is only gained by experience. If you really want to go then you could join Mr Falvey above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bluto

Not a problem i have 2.5 million in sponsership which i hope will nearly cover everything. I know Anartica is protected and you need premmission to set foot on the continent any ideas were i can get some infomation on acces rights. Need some suggestions for trainging programs, Advice n equipment etc etc.

How the hell did you get 2.5 million in sponsorship when you don't even know how to sort out access rights? I'll need a good answer to this one or I'm locking the thread as a troll.

Okay I see your spamming a lot of boards with this. Thread Locked. Outdoor Pursuits gets its first ban - Bluto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement