Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI MEGA PC (SCK478 DDR) PC&HIFI BAREBONE

Options
  • 07-04-2005 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Guys, I just picked one of these up on the cheap, talking 80euro here, was a display model.

Anyway was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of fan would be best suited for it. Worried about size restrictions. Due to the nature of the Case. Haven't actucally got the case yet so was looking for some advice.

I am planning to put in 3.2ghz pentium4 800mhz FSB.. (I am aware that the Mega Pc only has 400Mhz FSB) doesn't really bother me..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You can't run a 3.2 800FSB in that, the best you can put in it is the 3.06HT P4 which only requires 533FSB which is supported by your newly aquired PC.

Think you'll have to stick with stock cooling in something that small. Good news is the 3.06HT P4 I mention is a Northwood and will run much cooler than the Prescott you mention.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

cheers, I haven't commited myself it anyway, I already have the chip, so was going to wack it in and see if it worked, will have to look into a different setup, time to go shopping on komplett..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

cheers, I haven't commited myself it anyway, I already have the chip, so was going to wack it in and see if it worked, will have to look into a different setup, time to go shopping on komplett..

id buy it off u if ur not gonna use it ;) the msi mega pc that is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I have the socket A version of this, nice little units, the cd rom will drive u mad as u need to use an MSI cd/dvd to get it to work, others will work but its hit n miss. Check e-bay, theres a few 3ghz 533mhz fsb cpus on it going cheap. Its picky about tv cards too. Get an MSI one n ur laughing cause the bundled remote will controll it. Also, if ur thinking of playing game on it u cant unless u plann on modding it, the interior design is a joke. When u put a gfx card in it blocks the intake fan for the cpu hsf. I could play doom 3 for about 10mins before the cpu hits 70c n the pc shuts down. Im not bothered to mod it as its the family pc, just wanna change the hsf fans for papst ones as they're getting noisey... any other questions let me snow.

Advertisement