Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partridge back playing (well) again

• 07-04-2005 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N148405050407-0935.htm
    Liverpool Reserve manager Hughie McAuley says a lack of a predatory striker has been the main reason why results have been so up and down for his team this season and the 1-0 defeat at Leeds was a fine example of that.
    Liverpool played some great attacking football against Leeds and wingers Ryan Wilkie and Richie Partridge caught the eye but the Reds lacked a cutting edge to finish off the chances.

McAuley told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I felt we stepped it up in the second half and we got more crosses into the box and created good chances. What we have missed is a goalscorer like Neil Mellor. If he wasn't injured and was playing regularly then we would win more games than we have done.

"We were more composed in the second half and obviously the man in the middle Alonso makes a difference when he comes on and starts passing the ball around. Xabi got everybody playing and I just wish we had started the game with the tempo we showed in the second half.

"Individuals did better in the second half. Ryan Wilkie did very well on the left wing and Richie Partridge had a lot more joy on the right. We exposed them at times and we should have scored goals from them."

perhaps ought to be a sticky at this stage, Richie watch!! but he's back impressing again, so maybe he'll get his shot - or at least grab the eye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Good to see Alonso back near fully fit again too ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

That was Partridge's first game back from another injury (suprise, suprise). He won't make it at Liverpool now, injuries have destroyed his Liverpool career. Hopefully a premiership club come in for him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Does anyone know of any interest from Championship teams in signing him? Eireboy Im looking in your direction :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Big Nelly wrote:
    Does anyone know of any interest from Championship teams in signing him? Eireboy Im looking in your direction :D
    He rejected Rotherham, and Nottm Forest enquired about him. Thats the only confirmed links. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eirebhoy wrote:
    He rejected Rotherham, and Nottm Forest enquired about him. Thats the only confirmed links. :)

1 relegated this week the other took another step closer to relegation.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'd love to see Partridge playing first team for Liverpool but I agree that it's highly unlikely at this stage - so I'd settle for seeing him play well at another PL or Championship club. If however he continues to get injured every 3 months I wonder if his best option is not to stay at Liverpool for at least another year or so - at least the treatment and recovery he receives there will highly likely be better then that of a Championship team where he would also be more likely to get rushed back before he's ready. His career to date has been something of a shambles but considering he's lasted this long hopefully he'll get his run of form soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Coventry are another confirmed link there eirebhoy and the rotherham thing fell through. It wasn't on his side that it fell down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I shouldnt imagine he can be too choosey. So what If Rotherham are relegated, and Forest are close to relaegation, what Partridge needs is first team football to try and resureect what was once a promising career.

How old is he now? 24/25?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

gimmick wrote:
    I shouldnt imagine he can be too choosey. So what If Rotherham are relegated, and Forest are close to relaegation, what Partridge needs is first team football to try and resureect what was once a promising career.
    At the moment he's getting injured at least 2 or 3 times a season - at Liverpool he'll get very good treatment. I'm sure he would at Forest or Rotherham too but I'd imagine it's at least slightly better at Liverpool. Another point is how many seasons will the likes of Forest or Rotherham spend waiting for him to come good and get over his injuries - so far Liverpool have waited several but I'm not sure a cash-strapped 1st division team could afford to keep him on the books for too long.

He loves Liverpool, admittadly a career at Liverpool seems unlikely but we're not pushing him out the door (unless his contract is about to expire? :o) so I would understand if he doesn't want to rush into a contract with another club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

yeah his current deal is about to expire, TBH honest i'd imagine your right he just wants to play first team football. He's been training at Melwood with the first team for 5 seasons and only Carra is at the club longer than he has been as a full time pro. Let's hope he can be a success and fulfill the potential he obviously possesses. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement