Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playa Del Ingels

• 07-04-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Heh,

I have decided to go on holidays with my mates this year, First year me and m mates will be on holidays together. There is 3 of us and were all 18 so were looking for a lively spot to head out to where the nightlife is good and goes on thru the night.

I have heard playa del ingels is a good spot but im looking for a bit of feedback from people who have been there before/lately would they recommend it. I was also looking to book the green field or green garden apartments but unfortunatly they look to be booked out so if any of you know good lively accomodation in the centre please let me know.

I was looking to book all on the internet also so save a few quid for me and my mates.

I would appreciate if any of you could recommend any other resorts etc etc and where the best place is to book online.

Cheers,
    Brendan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

The Agaete hotel is good, its next door to the Green Park, Eddie Rockets is downstairs and The Irish centre is across the road. It was my first package holiday and my last, hated it, not for me anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

If by lively, you mean full of scum bags then yeah it's very lively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

Thanks for that,

I am looking to go on holidays for 2 weeks so I am also considering going to 'playa del ingels' for 1 weeks then going to a new destination considering its not too expensive. I am going around late july - early august.

Could any of you recommend a place for three 18 year olds going on holidays for a piss up and you know the other thing ;)

Its my first year doing this so its all new to me (The holiday I mean) :eek:

Bonzia you mean you dont recommend playa del ingels? I was told it was a good spot to go to but I dont know much about it. Could you recommend anywhere where it has good nightlife?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Iri$hKeLt wrote:
    Heh,

I have decided to go on holidays with my mates this year, First year me and m mates will be on holidays together. There is 3 of us and were all 18 so were looking for a lively spot to head out to where the nightlife is good and goes on thru the night.

I have heard playa del ingels is a good spot but im looking for a bit of feedback from people who have been there before/lately would they recommend it. I was also looking to book the green field or green garden apartments but unfortunatly they look to be booked out so if any of you know good lively accomodation in the centre please let me know.

I was looking to book all on the internet also so save a few quid for me and my mates.

I would appreciate if any of you could recommend any other resorts etc etc and where the best place is to book online.

Cheers,
    Brendan
    I stayed in the Green Garden apts, they were disgraceful! Pool was rite beside a main road so there was a constant roar from cars. Food in the entire result was inedible....there was a Chinese that we found & ate in for the entire of week 2. Even Eddie Rockets was disgusting! We were there in June & the place wasn't as lively as I had hoped

I appreciate the feedback but your all telling me how bad the place is id rather ye also tell me where I should go on holidays and what apartments to stay in. Im looking to book within the next week as prices are going up by the week. :confused:

Any recommendations please?

• Advertisement

the prices will be the same next week as they are now

bonzai bob wrote:
    the prices will be the same next week as they are now

Well a few weeks ago I could get flights to 'Las Palmas' for 200euro now I get them for 380euro :(

I was also thinking of going to ibiza or tenerife but as I say ive never been to these places and if anyone knows of any good destinations for three 18year olds please let me know ;)

you'll probably get a better price if you went for a package holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

went to Playa De Knackers with a mate a few years back myself. We were there in November though so not as lively as it's meant to be during the summer. One thing there was still plenty of was knackers, place is swarming with them. Having said that, had a great week, for some reason when we went the ratio seemed to be 5 girls to every guy, we'd just head down to the bar, wouldn't have even started our first drink before a group of girls were over, excellent stuff altogether. As I said though that was off season, no idea what it's like this time of year, also, no way I'd go there again, way too many scumbags around, saw enough incidents between them and the locals to make me ashamed to be Irish! If you want a lively package holiday I'd recommend Ibiza over Playas, not sure if it's as good as it used to be (was there in 95), but well worth going at least once to witness and partake in true decadence ;)

Heh Damoken thanks a lot for that, Thats what I like 5 girls to every guy but I dont like the thought of knackers. I just want a enjoyable holiday with plenty to do, great nightlife and girls to pull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Playa De Finglas as ever1 calls it is a kip.
    Full of filthy knackers. Dont go there.
    You could try Crete, not as many knackers and still a great nightlife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Go to Crete, Hersonnisos was where we went for 2 weeks, not many knackers, no english (they're all 30 miles down the coast), great pubs and clubs. Think it cost us 700 flights and accom for 2 week 2 years ago.

If you have a deathwish make sure you all get scooters like we did.

Ha the guy I was work with was saying the same about the scooters but there good ole craic ;)

I am also now considering going to Ibiza, I dunno what part or where to stay. If any of you have any idea please let me know so I can start pricing. Its a tough choice where to go but im sure no place can be too bad at the end of the day as long as theres pubs, disco's and girls ya can never go too far wrong I guess :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ibiza=over rated+over priced
    I've heard from people that have went and blew 2-4 grand over there
    4 grand? like what the ****, major ammount of money, even spending 2 grand on spending money is a fair lump to spend on holiers, and if you include your travel an that(about 800)
    you could go traveling for about 2 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've been to PDI three times — first time was with the lads in 99 and had a brilliant week — Don Diego apartments (think it was through Falcon).

Went back the following year with the girlfriend on a complete p!ss-up holiday and had the best craic ever on holida.

Went back again two years ago, and the place just wasn't the same ... the Irish Centre was WAY too loud — each pub was trying to outdo the next in volume and you couldn't hear music properly. It had gotten a lot dirtier too.

Ya, there's plenty of knackers there, but they're in most of these type of resorts.

Stay away from Playa del Las Americas in Tenerife, and I wouldn't bother with Ibiza, its seriously over-rated.

Have you considered Santa Ponsa in Majorca (same kinda this as Gran Canaria, but a lot cleaner and a lot less cnuts) or the Algarve? Both great spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great crack but it's pretty rough and dirty, I stayed in the Corona Roja a few years back, basic apartments but in a good location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

playa del ingels is a great spot go there with your mates,u will have some time believe me..was there a few times myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 the vivster

i dont what ye are talking about because i have gone to the greenfields apts. every year for the last 5 years and i love it ya its a bit of a kip but the crack is great the clubs are brilliant i.e the cube up in the kasba and im going there again in august so i would defo reccomend it and its not full of knackers its full of people over in the sun to get pissed everynight and have a laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 the vivster

also about the prices wat u need to do is wait until a wednesday thats when ul get ur best prices ul get a 2 week holiday 4 2 people to the canaries for 200 squid thats wat i did only ti=hing is there cancilations which means u go in on the wednesday get it 4 that price but have to go that saturday but wat does that matter just have ur bags packed ready to go its in budget travel every wednesday

Advertisement