Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard Trance / HardStyle Nite?

• 07-04-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of organising a Hard Trance / HardStyle Nite sumwhere in Dublin prob end of May.

I have a unknown headliner in mind for the nite + im looking for other unknown djs to warm up. prob 3 - 4 djs playing.

Just wondering if anyone is interested in spinning or even coming to an event like this?????

Music styles like --

scot project, hennes and cold, dj luna, a*s*y*s, warmdusher, marco v etc.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

What about even some of the earlier stuff like DJ Balloon, Drunken Monkey, Bossi, Tony De Vit, Lightforce, Tall Pall, Nalin & Kane, Aquagen, Cosmic Gate, Camisra, Jonah, Hi-Gate, Watergate... some of that old is IS the stuff IMO!

I seem to be the only one that plays the 'old' stuff anymore!

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

yeah. im still in2 this type of stuff but my preference would be HARDER trance. there is fook all place in ireland that are playing hard-dance music anymore. I wanna get a nite going that will blow the roof off.

The guy i have in mind that i wanna headline it plays hard trance and hard acid trance etc.

Im sick of having 2 go 2 holland and germany 2 hear this type of music. I wanna get sumthing going that will be harder than the likes of godskitchen.

Id like to see if there is any interest in a nite like this. im not really interested in big name djs either. id like to start sumthing that gives the opportunity to unknown talents

How about an email/PM list of tracks that one would play and perhaps an idea of a playlist aswell?

Even cd's of ones work? I have done a few mixed cd's that were sold in Tullamore a few years back. I prick around a bit with a bit of a website (www.seanie-m.com) if you want to find out a bit more...

Seanie.

at the moment im only judging interest in a nite like this. no venue sorted yet.

anyone who is interested in spinning. pm ur email address and ill get in contact with u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

If its material from the early to mid 1990`s id be into going along but todays trance and hard house is nonsense.....

• Advertisement

yeah like i said HARD TRANCE / ACID TRANCE / HARDSTYLE.

never said anything about hard house.

if u want old skool go 2 el mondo. they got old skool nites there every month

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

i would defo go to this and i know a lot of my friends would aswell!!
    bloody house music is all you hear anywhere these days arghhh hate it sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

clairey wrote:
    i would defo go to this and i know a lot of my friends would aswell!!
    bloody house music is all you hear anywhere these days arghhh hate it sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

It is getting boring alright, all that funky sh1t. Rehashed tunes, boring DJ's like Tiesto and all...

Its going to die a quick death soon, R'n'B and pop-rock will take over soon enough.

Thats why I prefer the older stuff from around '96 to about 2002. Westbam, Van Dyk, Nalin & Kane, Tall Paul, Lightforce, Cosmic Gate, Jurgen, Balloon, Aquagen... down to tastes really, but a lot of it now is getting boring...

i have a few sets mixed in mp3 format. style is hard trance. pm if u want a link to download.

post the link anyway Rick, let everyone hear what you've got! Might sort out an MP3 copy myself and post it up.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

if u want old skool go 2 el mondo. they got old skool nites there every month

Il Mondo doesnt play proper old skool,im into stuff from 89-94... ;)

yeah like i said pm me if u wanna link. im not posting links here. not enough bandwidth. sorry if this is an inconveniece

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

House is every where now because its so easily liked by different crowds. its an easier choice of music, even my ma doens't mind it. hard trance nights do get corwds look at one in fairy house, hard trance people are willing to travel to events if busses etc. are organised

yeah i know. my idea is to have it sumwhere in city centre so its accessible. scot project in fairyhouse was deadly but 2 far away

the only thing is are people willing to go 2 an event that doesnt have big name djs????

right im posting this mix but it will only be online for a day or so. i cant leave it up any longer than that.
    http://193.1.127.21/~rick_fantastic/Downloads/hardtrance_mix1.mp3

this is the only one i have handy its a bit old but is bangin its 45mb and bout 50 mins long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Deffinately be interested with a good few friends. How can I save that mix without having to stream it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Simona1986 wrote:
    Deffinately be interested with a good few friends. How can I save that mix without having to stream it?
    right click and save target as...

would love to go to a proper hard edged club night myself. (especially if it was put on in Galway)
    can't see that happening any time soon though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Seanie M wrote:
    It is getting boring alright, all that funky sh1t. Rehashed tunes, boring DJ's like Tiesto and all...

Its going to die a quick death soon, R'n'B and pop-rock will take over soon enough.

Tiesto house?! eh i think not.

ah the old dance is/willl die, hmm havent heard that one before. :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I could like a night like that if it was old hard / acid trance, a set full of classic Noom tracks as played by Billy Nasty in the good old days. I stopped buying tracks on the Noom label a few years back but it was great in its day.

well im still interested in getting mixes by people who want 2 dj at a nite like this

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

I can post you a cd, no idea how to do it on the computer...... :(

• Advertisement

cool pm me ur email address and ill get in contact

or u can get in contact with me --> iris.dance@gmail.com

Advertisement