Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Levels v Hons LC

Options
  • 07-04-2005 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Could anyone please tell me which is at a higher level - 'A' Levels or Honours Leaving Cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

A level syllabus probalby contains more as most students only study 3+ A levels as oppossed to 6+ subjects over here for the LC. I went to Uni in the UK and there were topics that they had covered in school, that I had not.

On the flip side LC (and Bac) students get a more varied/complete education.

Basically they study in more detail, less subjects.

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

i think a level counts for 150 points when u convert it into the cao system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

an 'A' Level is the equivalent of 1st year Irish University. Plus it has the advantage that you pick 3/4 subjects that you are actually interested in, rather than wasting your time on a load of twaddle like Irish.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

A-levels are at a higher leel simply bceause the students take less subjects, so they can go into everything in more depth. Having said that I think I prefer doing a broad range of subjects, it's more varied and interesting and suits me a lot better

Advertisement