Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Stuff Today at Lidl

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 TheMasterG

Did anyone pick up the foot pump from Lidl?

I can't figure out the which attachment works with Presta valves? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

aldi have a motorcycle lock for 19.99 next monday, any lock experts around to offer an opinion ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 TheMasterG

Well it has a combination lock so I wouldn't reckon it's very secure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bigpun

If your bike has a disc brake, your best bet is to get a disc lock. One that is certified by Thatcham or Sold Secure is best as they test the lock's durability by attacking it using a professional thief's tools for 5 minutes. Those that don't break get certified. Oxford make the one that I have, think they're around €40.

Would also avoid this lock as it weighs 5kg and is a big bastard of a thing to be carrying around while a disc lock fits in your pocket. Useful tip if using a disc lock though is to put a loop of cord/rope around your front brake when the lock is on the bike - this prevents you driving off with the lock in place, breaking the disc and dumping you over. This would of course happen while taking off from a parked position outside the local girls' secondary school.

Advertisement