Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transformers: Robots in the movies?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

They've been talking about this one for a while. Comingsoon.net had things to say about it yeasterday, so I don't think it's an April fools.

It seems it's a Dreamworks project with Senior Spielbergo producing and Michael Bay directing. I hope it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dreamworks : Michael, we would like you to make this movie

Michael Bay: I'm not sure..

Dreamworks : Its a good excuse for lots of explosions

Michael Bay : Count me in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well if its true and they can make them look as good as the one in the citroen c4 add it should look cool.

maybe the citroen add used the technology behind the proposed film.....?

http://theembassyvfx.com/citroen.html

such a cool add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Well they have at least one of the producers of X-Men 2 on board and perhaps some other 'top boffins' there also... this might not turn out so bad. But that speculation of Keanu reeves and Ben Affleck as Optimus and Megatron is worrying me... im not sure if it tickles my fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

As far as im concerned these types of films always suck, they just dont seemt to be able to do them right, I mean the first batman was really the only decent one imo. Original punisher was ok too I guess.
    Crying freeman wasnt bad, but then again that wasnt hollywood.
    oh yeah and x-men 2 was cool enough, no gore though :(.
    So tbh, I dont see much hope for this.
    Pity cause <3 Transformers.

For a flick like this they need to get someone like John Milius to team up with ryuhei kitamura :D
    only an abstract combination like that would be able to make a movie like this imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Genre: Action, Eye Candy, Kids, Science Fiction
    So their gonna throw morals in left right and centre, and its all gonna be lovey dovey, look at the origional transformers movie, that was hardly a kids show, and damn it rocked, even watching it all these years on its still a great film :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i've been following this thing for ages now. so far the script isn't 100% finished, but it is based on the original cartoon movie, and this live-action film will be the G1 transformers, none of these new ****ty ones.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

roland emmerich is also linked to it. i don't know whos worse, him or michael bay! I thought robert zameckis was supposed to be doing it originally, that could have been good!

It has the potential to be great, and in all fairness neither Michael Bay nor Roland Emmerich has ever made a terrible film. All they're films are good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Roland Emmerich has ever made a terrible film.
    Are you kidding? I like cheesy blockbusters as much as the next guy but I'm still 100% convinced that If someone had gone up to Emmerich at the premiere of Stargate, put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger then the world would be a slightly better place right now.

Pigman II wrote:
    Are you kidding? I like cheesy blockbusters as much as the next guy but I'm still 100% convinced that If someone had gone up to Emmerich at the premiere of Stargate, put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger then the world would be a slightly better place right now.

What?? Stargate is brilliant. And both Independance Day and the Day After Tomorrow are very good, a hellof a lot better than most Summer blockbusters. And who does'nt enjoy seeing the world being destroyed?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

While i enjoyed Stargate and Independence day, the day after tomorrow was a terrible film, no matter how could the effects are the story and characters were non-existent! And to say these guys have never made a terrible film? well thats just gibberish, apart from The Rock michael bay hasnt made any films that arent terrible or at least crap....bad boys 2 is one of the worst most boring films i have ever seen, need i even mention pearl harbour and armageddon? out of the 2 of them i'd rather emmerich did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

What?? Stargate is brilliant. And both Independance Day and the Day After Tomorrow are very good, a hellof a lot better than most Summer blockbusters.

Yes, Stargate (the film) is rather good. It is my opinion however that everything he has done after that point (even non sci-fi/disaster efforts like The Patriot) is derivative drivel.
    And who does'nt enjoy seeing the world being destroyed?
    Iraqi's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

When I saw teh Citreon add for teh first time I had a feeling the technolgoy for a movie was in teh pipe line. The only problem could come with Licensing the vehicles, teh Citreon will probably feature and I'm sure they will nearly all be big brand or concept cars, which could go either way.

As for voices theyshould do two cuts one with modern A list actors for the kids and voices like the originals for all us old schoolers, surely most of the original voice actors are still around?

Kazujo wrote:
    When I saw teh Citreon add for teh first time I had a feeling the technolgoy for a movie was in teh pipe line. The only problem could come with Licensing the vehicles, teh Citreon will probably feature and I'm sure they will nearly all be big brand or concept cars, which could go either way.

As for voices theyshould do two cuts one with modern A list actors for the kids and voices like the originals for all us old schoolers, surely most of the original voice actors are still around?

Hmm, i never thought of them using actual car names, i mean they're from another planet, it wouldnt make sense if they were all well known brands! they shouldnt bother with badges just make them look like they did in that cartoons, like have hot-rod look like he did in the show, no need for any badges...I dont recall the bat-mobile having any manufacturer! same principle should be applied to this. besides, they're not all just cars anyway! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

The bat mobile was actually produced by Ford. The cars were all loosely based around real world cars in the cartoon too eg Jazz was a porsche 911. The new Transformers collectors toys are Ford Mustangs and Corvetts. Considering that Citreon have already used the idea in the ad.

Since this is a consumer driven industry and people want to make money I would assume that all the transformers will be branded vehicles bar the odd exception like Hot Rod that was a unique design. Plus if they make them the same as in the cartoon they would be similar enough to real cars to possibly be sued if they dont ask for permission. I would say there could be a small number of manufacturers supplying the models especially since the vehicles are the main characters in the movie

I wonder how they will deal with Optimus' disappearing trailer in live action

Plane designs are also patented and branded

I know what you mean. Theres so much product placement in films these days anyway i'd have been shocked if they didn't license all the vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Pugsley:
    Quote:
    Genre: Action, Eye Candy, Kids, Science Fiction

So their gonna throw morals in left right and centre, and its all gonna be lovey dovey, look at the origional transformers movie, that was hardly a kids show, and damn it rocked, even watching it all these years on its still a great film

Did you watch the same one as me? Twas lots of childish bits in it, what about the dancing scene bit on the Junk planet *yuck!*

My favourite bit though is the opening scene with Unicron appearing around a Sun and eating a planet, very cool :cool: gave me goosepimples.

Strange movie really, seemed like half a movie for older kids and half for the younger ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah but Spike says shít in it. First time I ever heard bad language in a cartoon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement