Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless: Help!

• 07-04-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I've just signed up for Irish Broadband Breeze.

They're coming to install my connection tomorrow, and I want to set up a WiFi network in the house - three of us have laptops with wireless cards.

Thing is, I don't have a clue what I need to buy! I presume I need a wireless router - anything else? Do they provide the broadband modem? i.e. if I have a router bought, and they install the connection, am I done?

Also, anyone know where I can grab a good cheap router? Komplett is obviously one option - anywhere in the city centre I can walk in and grab a good cheap one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

Hi Paddy,

I bought a 3com router a few weeks back on recommendation from people on these boards, scroll back to my messages and u will see all details etc. Its been trouble free. Its very reasonable aswell. I got if for 99euro (had an offer of router and usb nic)from komplett. I would recommend that if u already have a broadband modem router coming with the deal, as its fairly easy to install and I been getting max speeds on my laptop and pc all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Paddy

Like Ice, I too have purchased the 3Com wireless bundle from Komplett and am very happy with it..... see other thread in this section.

dl

Advertisement