Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Frame.setSize()

Options
  • 15-05-2001 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

I've got a java app with a frame which is setSize( 500, 500 ) in the main method. when i load it its not the full size, i lose 8 pixels in width and 27 in height, is this normal, are they allocated for the border and title bar ?
    If so its really annoying.

Thanks

Mr. Chuffy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

app?

applet?

if its an applet and u are using applet viewer it does rob some pixels from you, but in html it works fine.

dont know about applications tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

Its actually both, my main class extends Applet but includes a main() method which instanciates an object of itself so it can be run as an application or as an applet.
    i was running it as an application when it was robbing me pixels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

Have you got the pack(); command in your main method. If so take it out. It might make a difference (then again it might not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

No theres no pack call.

Advertisement