Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anonymous Text Messages

Options
  • 07-04-2005 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Send ANON Number Message to 53500

Eg. ANON 0871234567 Guess who? to 53500

Costs 60c

Good when you dont want some one to know ur number etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Like this idea, but its not a sub thing or anything is it?can you make it look like from other peoples numbers? eg replacing anon with a different number

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Send ANON Number Message to 53500

Eg. ANON 0871234567 Guess who? to 53500

Costs 60c

Good when you dont want some one to know ur number etc.
    You'd pay 60c for the privilege of sending an anonymous text to someone?

How did you slip through the evolutionary net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Unlockmyphone

Lenny wrote:
    Like this idea, but its not a sub thing or anything is it?can you make it look like from other peoples numbers? eg replacing anon with a different number

I dont know to be honest.

You can use it for a prank on a mate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Hmm,anybody try it? I wouldnt trust anybody that only has 3 posts and is charging 60c for a text you dont even know who's from tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Sure yea can just reply with stop, but the first txt could cost something like 3 euro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I'd say the stalkers and psychos of ireland are rejoicing at the news of such a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Unlockmyphone

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Hmm,anybody try it? I wouldnt trust anybody that only has 3 posts and is charging 60c for a text you dont even know who's from tbh

I'm not charging 60cent. I saw it some where else and posted it here. I've done it couple of times on my mates, didnt get charged 3 euro fo the first txt. Got charged 60c for evey txt because i checked my credit because i am waring of these sort of things, they say 1 euro but forget to say 20 cent for you operator txt and 20 c when the person received it etc etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Ahhh yes , It's our old friend at **** LTD ... Bye !

sharkman wrote:
    what do you mean by this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

sharkman wrote:
    Same IP range, but this is not conclusive enough for a ban.

As for the ‘anonymous’ texting - please! I run numerous premium rate SMS campaigns and it would take me or any other member of the public all of fifteen minutes to find out you are - read the sticky for more information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Wondertext operated this service for a few years. Anybody sending undesirable content gets a call from them and a ban from the service. If the recipient complains they can make the senders number available.

Advertisement