Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interpol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 66e

jesus that was hard to read. its all over the shop, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

my freakin eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

my freakin ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

BLUE.

xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

antelope.

where?

there, nibbling the hoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

once again another great gig by interpol.

playing glastonbury on the saturday too should be fun !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The worst gig in living memory. Jesus, the support band were fúckin awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

you dont pay into see the support band.......... obvioulsy you dont like the band ( interpol) if your not satisfied with a near perfect gig. as Basil fawlty said people like you never are.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

and some photos of mine of Interpol in the Olympia are up at:
    http://AAAphotos.org/interpol/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

people like you never are.......
    haha good one. you obviously have a fairly good idea of who I am. Happily, I didn't pay for that heap. Also, I usually do expect the support band to be of a half decent quality. They could have picked one of a dozen Dublin bands who would have played for nothing and been a hell of alot better than Spoon.

Interpol are just the next Strokes. This is like the aftermath of Nevermind's success and the record labels looking to sign the new Nirvana. A load of completely useless bands getting far more attention that they deserved. The search for the next strokes has gone on for far too long.

Interpol and the like are a case of buy now, regret later.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

What was the support act called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alternate DJ

spoon they were good and so were interpol don't mind that sinic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

dregin usually knows what he's talking aboot, from what posts i remember reading, so athough i do like interpol a lot. i'm not all that likely to have their preformace blinded by the fact i like their music. as it happens i wasn't there but takeing the average to all the respones. i'd have to say it sounds like it was at best a pertty uninteresting gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

spoon they were good and so were interpol don't mind that sinic

I really didnt like Spoon at all, agree with dregin..they could have chosen from a wealth of Dublin bands that could have done a better job, as long as it wasn't the usual Halite.

Interpol were class, a great gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marwood

It seems to me that you are just pressing your own agenda regarding a local band supporting.

Spoon were good while interpol were brilliant.

Talk of the strokes is laughable, interpol have been going for a number of years and are a better band.

Some idiot telling me that he thinks the gig was only ok even thought he was not there is a joke !

The gig had an electric atmosphere and 99% of the crowd went home happy. I agree with the previous speaker,you will always get one person who for whatever reason on the night is unhappy. Maybe its more to do with is personal life than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

great gig.

didnt like spoon

didnt expect any crowd interaction so wasnt disappointed by the lack of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Well Spoon weren't great at all. I'll happily agree with that. But I don't like hearing Interpol being compared to The Strokes. They're completely different and any resembelence is probably based on Evil and Slow Hands. It wasn't a perfect gig by any means. Could have been a lot better. But I was pretty happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭uma

Splendid gig one of the best in recent years. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

polarbelly wrote:
    didnt expect any crowd interaction so wasnt disappointed by the lack of it.
    yup, agree with ya, wasn't expecting any, didn't miss it..
    thought the gig was pretty feckin cool though.. really really good,and the crowd seemed to be really very into it too, and that's always good for pushin the positivity up, yknow? thought it was an animal to tell the truth.
    roll on marlay park, and glastonbury..
    :)

Advertisement