Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters 2005

• 07-04-2005 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

So who is going to do it this year? Will it be another unexpected result or will the favourite manage it. Lots of people backing Woods with this new swing of his and two victories already on the tour this year. Could Mickleson defend it successfully? Will VJ mount a challenge and could Ernie Els feature, with 2 second places to his name.

Who will fair best out of the europeans? Harrington? Olazabal? Garcia? Should be a great tourney.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Looks like I picked all the right people /\ /\ /\ the Europeans I chose didn't even make the cut!! Glad I didnt back anyone. Thought it was a great competition and fair play to Woods for winning it after a poor first round then stringing a great comeback with 7 consecutive birdies and that genius chip in on the 16th. Could argue he got fortunate at the end after he took those two boges on the 17th and the 18th.

Gutted for Chris, none of his puts seemed to drop during the last round but I'm sure he will feature again.

that genius chip in on the 16th

God I think I cured world hunger while I was waiting for that ball to go in! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I went to bed after Woods drove to the green on 16. If only I waited up for 5 more minutes!
    Anyone know of a web video stream where one could see that shot again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dypso

yeah go to masters.org if you have broadband very good site has reviews of every days play and it has that shot. genius.

Di Marcos putting was so bad on the last day and once more that grip costs him on the last day he cant do it under pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,270 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dypso wrote:
    Di Marcos putting was so bad on the last day and once more that grip costs him on the last day he cant do it under pressure
    Ehhh what? :confused:
    Did you not seem him hole out on 17 & 18?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I felt Tiger won underesvadly, Dimarco was leading all the way through. Tiger was extremely annoying to watch,taking way to long over everything,Dimarco should have complained.

And yes that shot on 16 was nice. But to be honest all he did was put good check on the ball at the right place, after that he was lucky, if he said he ment to hole out he is lieing. All pro golfers are expected to be able to put check on a ball, but I do think it was extremely over exagerated, people saying best shot of the century, nah sorry just another tabloid exageration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Tiger was extremely annoying to watch,taking way to long over everything,Dimarco should have complained.

I completely agree with that point, whatever mental changes Tiger has undertaken adds considerable time to his routine when it comes to taking shots.
    And yes that shot on 16 was nice. But to be honest all he did was put good check on the ball at the right place, after that he was lucky, if he said he ment to hole out he is lieing. All pro golfers are expected to be able to put check on a ball, but I do think it was extremely over exagerated, people saying best shot of the century, nah sorry just another tabloid exageration.

Have to disagree here, the shot was an immense one to sink, 16th hole of the final round of a Masters tournament, huge psychological blow to Dimarco. Afaik he never said he meant to put it in the hole he only wanted to leave himself a managable put for par but there you go it went in and what makes it a good shot was the fact that it was right by the fringe of the rough, as well as it being the 3rd last hole of a Major.

I still can't believe he went a bogeyed the last two holes to let Dimarco back in but in fairness Woods deserved it on the play off as Dimarco made the same silly mistake on the 18th twice in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

O dont get me wrong. The shot ws a great one, to stop the ball exactly on the break of the hill to leave a managable put. But the way people were saying greatest shot of the century, when that ball takes the hill its outa his hands its luck. He couldnt have anticipated the fall of the ball, was just annoying to hear such exageration.

Sure last year at St.Annes father and son, to win a match against a 2 and 4 handicappers, me and my dad of 15,13. I chipped in a wedge from bout 40 yards and left it to an inch. So if ya get my point you kinda expect the pros to be able to check a ball etc.

I think Immelmans was much better. =P

Advertisement