Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Frontwoman?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

With respect that's a little unfair now Nightwish, it's the era she grew up in and was exposed to, eg Snakebite.

It's because of her past that both After Forever and Tarja Turunen wanted to work with her, not only because of her voice but because of her mainstream global appeal, especially in Northern Europe and South America. Tarja as you know is struggling to break into the South American market despite having Marcelo with her. Have Doro's new album and have been very impressed by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No disrespect to Doro or Warlock, I just think there is better out there. Lita Ford for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey there

I'm glad you mentioned Lita Ford. Just been reading that she's working on a new album (out this summer) and has a full tour waiting in the wings. :)

Sorry for snapping, it's just I really like Doro's new album and I hope to see her at the Norway Rock Festival (July 11).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Rozie wrote: »
    Cripes! Not a mention of Siouxsie Sioux. One of the original strong minded front women, if not *the* original.

+1....siouxsie is the real deal.....compared to most being mentioned here she is miles ahead ....a true innovator....im not sold on angela gossow.....i just get this euro metal tackyness vibe....with the anarchy t-shirt in white and the guys in matching black shirts and sporting menacing scowls :pac::pac:

id put poly styrene up there along with siouxsie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PirateGirl

Brody Dalle is a gravelly voiced goddess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

+1....siouxsie is the real deal.....compared to most being mentioned here she is miles ahead ....a true innovator....

Echoing this sentiment. I saw her in concert last year too and she still has it live. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

im not sold on angela gossow.....i just get this euro metal tackyness vibe....
    :confused: What's "Euro Metal" supposed to mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Tarja Turunen

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Ok, it's the ladies turn now. Who is the best frontwoman of all time? Wendy James? Grace Slick? Debbie Harry? Stevie Nicks? The redhead from The Beautiful South? You Decide.

Liadain from Neifenbach of course...

www.myspace.com/neifenbach

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Anneke van Giersbergen anyone? Now there's a lady who can truly belt out a tune or two!

I ain't a fan of the "symphonic/operatic" voiced-types :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Theo from the Lunachicks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 murphious

I gotta go with ladies with the most onstage energy ,Shirley Manson of Garbage,Skin from SkunkAnansie and that chick from the Guano Apes i forget her name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

My number 1 would have to be Kim Deal (The Breeders, The Amps) She is one of the coolest and most captivating musicians ever. She has a beautiful voice and charisma in bucketloads. Unfortunately, I've never seen The Breeders live. :( If I did, I think I would just be in awe of her.

Others worth mentioning would be Shirley Manson, Karen O, Bjork (The Sugarcubes could have been amazing if it wasn't for that fcuker Einar Orn :mad:), Kim Gordon and Courtney Love.

Haven't mentioned any metal singers becuase I don't like or listen metal. (sorry!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

My number 1 would have to be Kim Deal (The Breeders, The Amps) She is one of the coolest and most captivating musicians ever. She has a beautiful voice and charisma in bucketloads. Unfortunately, I've never seen The Breeders live. :( If I did, I think I would just be in awe of her.

Good call
    Bjork (The Sugarcubes could have been amazing if it wasn't for that fcuker Einar Orn :mad:)

I saw the sugarcubes in the SFX (I think) Bjork was easily the best thing about them, and gave a very energetic performance. And Einar Orn is a twat. For example

"hello Ireland, You love to be Irish, You proud to be irish ....then why you all speak ****ing english"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Ann Wilson from Heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Gwen Stefani/ Cristina Scabbia..... also worth a mention is that chick from in this moment, Maria Brink. Theres a female vocalist and a half!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 randy lug

probably janis joplin.... the yeah yeah yeahs singer is pretty good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Kim McAuliffe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Nina Persson of the Cardigans and A Camp. Hot and some voice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Donita sparks ftw.

Honourable mention to Gigi Hangach(Phantom Blue).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Yer one from Walls Of Jericho is actually the best frontwoman in metal/hc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sharon Den Adel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Floor Jansen hasn't been mentioned yet and I feel that this is a crime beyond belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Adam Lambert :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Gwen Stefani & Haley Williams :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Gwen Stefani & Haley Williams :D

I give it about 10 more minutes from the time i post this before someone (other than me) has a sh*te haemorrhage laughing at the above. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

For those who weren't born five minutes ago...take a history lesson.

Siouxsie Sioux of Siouxsie and the Banshees gets my vote. In a career spanning four decades, she had never given less than her best. Saw her playing her last year and she was amazing. End of.

Jen ;->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

Doro Pesch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Floor Jansen hasn't been mentioned yet and I feel that this is a crime beyond belief.

She is good but the lady from Within Temptation is better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

PJ Harvey
    Karen O
    Amanda Palmer

Advertisement