Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Frontwoman?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jenipher_b

Lucia of KMFDM. Gotta love her! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

check out a band from the 70s called "Fanny" (Seriously). Cool riffs and harmonies, all girl group..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I'm not so sure about Shirley Manson, sure she's a good singer and all....maybe I've just lost some respect for her after her role in the Terminator series.

And my vote: Elizabeth Fraser from the Cocteau Twins. She's nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

James Hetfield:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jenipher_b

seachto7 wrote: »
    check out a band from the 70s called "Fanny" (Seriously). Cool riffs and harmonies, all girl group..

Will do, thanks for the tip :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bmthlove

Ok, it's the ladies turn now. Who is the best frontwoman of all time? Wendy James? Grace Slick? Debbie Harry? Stevie Nicks? The redhead from The Beautiful South? You Decide.

I can't believe that Brody Dalle wasn't initially mentioned up there with all the greats, for shame...
    Shirley Manson or Gwen Stefani

Backed 100%
    They both have such unique voices and amazing charisma.

...and the lead singer of iwrestledabearonce, that chick can seriously bree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 ILoveParamore

Hayley Williams, Paramore, without a doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hayley Williams, Paramore, without a doubt!

Second...Rate...Avril...Wannabe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Angela Gossow. She's this tiny blonde thing with a demonic voice. :pac: Or Brody Dalle, though she is more punk than metal.

Oh, and Kim Deal of Pixies/Breeders too, of course! <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 ILoveParamore

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Second...Rate...Avril...Wannabe. :)

i one thousand percent disagree with your statement...avril is a rock chick wannabe whereas Hayley..is just Hayley....amazing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

avril is a rock chick wannabe whereas Hayley..is just Hayley....amazing!!

Hayley is about four years too late, she knows it and most people know it too. :)
    As a result she doesn't offer a single shread of originality regarding her vocals or songwriting for that matter. Nobody gives a rats ass about the whole "straight edge" thing, especially outside of the US, which leaves her appearance to sell her music for her.

Yup... amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Check out a 70s all girl rock band called "Fanny" (seriously). Really good harmonies...

Advertisement