Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever regretted

• 07-04-2005 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Have you ever regretted mocking, insulted, or bashed on a person in school or college?

Comments

A life living in regret is a life living in the past.

In a word: No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

^^ What he said. There's no point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Might have said ''oops, maybe i shouldnt have said that'' regret may be a bit strong a word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

My only regret is not beating the crap out of all the people who bullied me when I was growing up. It sounds very childish but getting your hands on former bullies when you are older is very cleansing for the mind and body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Nope they all deserved it ! ;)

Dont recall anyone tbh I would like to think I was a decent person in school but I probably wasnt. Life is funny when I was in 3rd year I ran this guy and his friends out of an area, now he is one of my best friends and laughs when he tells me stories of some of the things I use to do, most of which I dont remember, its a very small world. I suppsoe I am lucky in a way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I don't do regret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Ph3n0m wrote:
    My only regret is not beating the crap out of all the people who bullied me when I was growing up. It sounds very childish but getting your hands on former bullies when you are older is very cleansing for the mind and body

amen!

and when they are lying on the ground choking on their own blood i can rub my big fat business degree in their face (next year when i get it please god ha ha)

amen!

and when they are lying on the ground choking on their own blood i can rub my big fat business degree in their face (next year when i get it please god ha ha)

hehehe, well that I dont know about - but the sweetest revenge I ever had was one bully, I found him years later working as a shelf packer in superquinn - oh how I laughed - then i waited outside and beat him up (that'll learn him to crack my skull open)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ph3n0m wrote:
    hehehe, well that I dont know about - but the sweetest revenge I ever had was one bully, I found him years later working as a shelf packer in superquinn - oh how I laughed - then i waited outside and beat him up (that'll learn him to crack my skull open)

well, at least you're not bitter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

no

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote:
    well, at least you're not bitter :D

nah there was no need for biting at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

The only reget I have is when I ran over the joyrider who crashed into my car as he escaped on foot. I reget not having a video camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Brilliant!!!!
    Id love to get my hands or a crow bar on a prick that bullied me in school!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Wow, loads of bullied people on here. Its like an online samaritans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Evilution wrote:
    Wow, loads of bullied people on here. Its like an online samaritans.

all the years of repression, now i see a way out........ :(

thank you boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

still in school atm, but its funny how your friends change over the years. good friends with people i used to hate, or never thought i would get along with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No, because I wasn't a bully.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

What Lump said.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

Well I've planted my foot firmly between my teeth once or twice. There are 4 or 5 moments that still come back to me though chances are I'm the only person who remembers them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

It might have felt like revenge, but in the end you lost, because it still haunted you all those years later. Do you think he remembered what he did to you?

And yes, oh god yes, I have put my foot in my mouth so many times that I should win some sort of award for tactlessness. Nothing shocking, just lots of little "D'oh!" incidents.

• Advertisement

Pet wrote:
    It might have felt like revenge, but in the end you lost, because it still haunted you all those years later. Do you think he remembered what he did to you?

lost - hell no, what exactly did I lose?

actually he did remember who I was, quite simply because I had to go to A & E over what he did to me, and after I handed him his just desserts he actually apologised for the specific incident.

and for those who may think it was some kind of childish incident - he sliced me open by swinging a large metallic box at my head - I required stitches after the incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I was bullied in school alot, still every single one of those bullies are either in jail, dead or junkies. while i'm not of those 3 , so only regreat is of not standing up for myself more at skool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I never bullied anyone, as in primary school I was too busy getting the sh!t kicked out of me on a daily basis and in secondary school I was the one who everyone watched out for 'cause I was so small & shy!!

I love the fact that now I'm a CPA and the main bullier [sp? is that even a word?] looks as if he's seriously hooked on something!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I was bullied in secondary school day in day out but some part of me still thinks i deserved it. But if i ever met those guys again, i wouldnt beat up if i saw them now them though cause i would like to think it's behind me and i'm the bigger person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Ph3n0m wrote:
    My only regret is not beating the crap out of all the people who bullied me when I was growing up.

That is why God created sniper rifles.

and that is also why me therapist is a rich woman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Anyone remember the episode of Frasier when Frasier and Niles both meet childhood bullies when they hire plumbers? Brilliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

I was never a bully and I never got bullied.

...when I was in 3rd year I ran this guy and his friends out of an area...

You sound like a d*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I was the odd kid that nobody picked a fight with in case I was dangerous.

Also I was really really big for my age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hash Boy
    You sound like a d*ck.

<shrug> why ? because I didnt live a perfect child hood like your self ??
    or because I actually posted something that doesnt make me look like a fkin angel all the time.

When I was growing up you either stood up for yourself or you got b*tch slapped around. When the incident occured I was standing up for another friend, we kind of did that, you know helped friends out and all that. AND chasing some random and his friends out of an area rather than actually having to go down and fight them all seemed the better option at the time.

Kids fight, **** happens we considered it normal, its not like I actually went around looking for fights or hassleing anyone ever, but if someone picked on me or my friends well then yes I did stick up for them and tbh I would like to think I would still do it again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hash Boy

Kids fight, **** happens we considered it normal,

Maybe that's what's wrong with society today....

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

I hung around with a really mean crowd from 1st to 3rd year. In 2nd year, we used to kind of take the piss out of this girl, she was in 1st year...we were really bit*hy.

Then in transition year, ( had changed friends at this stage ) I went with the parish to Lourdas as a helper and she was one on the travellers. She had cancer and was quite sick. Felt really guilty, but were good friends at the end of the trip.

P.S The girls I hung around with from 1st to 3rd year are now all unemployed with loads of kids and boyfriends that beat them up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I cant say i really got bullied but there are a few moments in my younger life that i wish i had not talked my self out of a fight and just gone for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I was bullied in school - as I got older my way around things was to get one up on the bullies by doing better than them. I was lucky that my parents were liberal and let me read, listen and watch whetever I wanted so I was bullied less when I got older as I had more freedom than the bullies, so it sort of made me cooler even though I was a nerd, the fact that I was allowed the Pogues albums when I was young helped me. Revenge is doing better than those who are hurting you - but I would not believe in doing anything else - though like anyone I do suffer from foot in mouth and have had to appologise afterwards.

Hash Boy

<shrug> why ? because I didnt live a perfect child hood like your self ??

No, because you "ran a guy and his friends out of an area". DUH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

RAFALUTION wrote:
    Have you ever regretted mocking, insulted, or bashed on a person in school or college?
    not a chance. teach em to leave me alone in future, well school is wher you are supposed to learn after all.

Yea i did learn in school , learned that 90% of my school were di*ks !I dont see what people could get out of hassling someone everyday for 3 years like .

Maybe he was too shy to ask me out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well I'm in school and I used to be bullied but not anymore. I just went to my Form Tutor and he dealt with it. That didn't stop the problem completely but then back in Nov. or something the main guy was suspended for punching a friend of mine. That was sweet (the suspension, not my friend being punched, obviously). :D

Can't say I never stood up for myself but it didn't really change anything. When there's more of them than you they don't really have a reason to stop. All's good now, everyone leaves everyone alone. Except, a few days ago someone (in my class I assume) put me up as a dance teacher (Belvo doesn't even have dance) on rateyourteachers and slagged me off here. I sent a "strongly worded" complaint to the website but so far it hasn't been removed. I'm thinking of bringing it to the principal/school's attention. Maybe they can harrass the website for me. Probably won't..... maybe. Lol.

The only times I've said something I regret is to my friends when I maybe disagreed with them or something and I pissed them off. But I've always apoligised (properly, not just, "Sorry") within a day or 2. So we've always made up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ph3n0m wrote:

A guy who used to make fun of me in school now delivers me pizzas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

"<shrug> why ? because I didnt live a perfect child hood like your self ??"

Nobody lives a perfect childhood, don't be such an idiot.

I've only punched one person, and it was well-deserved as he insulted me over a death in my family, I don't regret it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Never regretted hitting anyone. I've regretted not hitting a number of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

steveland? wrote:
    That's absolutely brilliant. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

steveland? wrote:

never wonder what he does to the pizzas before he deliver's them?

time for a new pizza place i think.

thats what i was thinking :o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i've regretted hitting someone, a guy in school, on the first day of secondary,

we never really go on well after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

:eek:

steveland? wrote:

...and you look down on people who's jobs aren't as good as yours!! So you're saying you're both d*cks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

When I was around 11 or 12 a crowd of us in school used to take the piss out of this redheaded girl who wore a beret to school. Wish I hadn't done that tbh. Soon after I stopped 'going with the herd' so to speak so I guess something positive came out of it.

(Regarding bashings I've never hit someone who didn't deserve so I've no regrets on that front.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

lol.

"This pizza tastes unusually salty"

Pigman, looking at your name got me thinking about changing my name to just Caesar, but a quick search revealed that there is a Caesar. I feel so dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Wow, alot of peeps were bullied here. I guess it's the way it is, your gonna be tested at some stage when you're growing up. Just gotta stand up for yourself, or talk your way outta trouble.

Nobody seems to recognise that bullies bully for a reason: low self esteem (or some other problem). That's why they end up in the sh!t jobs or find boyfriends that slap them around... and make babies that grow up to be just like them. I guess you realise this as you grow up. But if you've been on the wrong end of a bully's attention then you're not exactly gonna feel sorry for them.

I've been on both sides of the coin, but nothing serious.

...At least I hope there's nobody out there who's seriously f***ed up over me... no, there isn't.

The last time I offended someone (didn't even realise it) I got a right smack in the face. Kind of enjoyed it though. But apparently now she hates ne because I wouldn't let her apologise properly???

• Advertisement
Advertisement