Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Source Safe

Options
  • 19-05-2001 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Lets say my srcsafe.ini file is on a server where the source database is stored.
    The documentation says that I can connect to it from the command line like so:
    c:\>ss -s\\server\data\vss {etc}

But it complains that -s isn't a valid switch.

Anyone know any other ways around this, I want Ant to do a get latest version but it's built in vss task doesn't really work. I was hoping to use the <exec> task.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Zee Dude

You have probably tried this already,
    this looks like it needs to be enabled on the server, put the following in your ss.ini file.

Smart_Mode = Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Not sure why your using -S ?
    Anyway that syntax is wrong.

If you want to do a get latest version here is what I do...
    set SSUSER=username
    set SSDIR=\\server\data\vss
    ss GET $/* -R -I-Y -Yusername,password

This should get the whole tree to the current directory.

Btw, I checked. The ANT command works fine. Do you have a copy of the ANT line you have? Do you have SS.exe on the path? or use the SSDIR command.

SSDIR on the command points to the source safe database location, while in ANT it points to the SS.EXE, also I haven't tried localpath mapping to a UNC instead of a logicaldrive.

So the ANT command should be...
    &lt;VSSGET 
      localpath="c:\buildarea\sources"
      recursive="true"
      label="ProjectLabel"
      login="username,password"
      vsspath="\\server\data\vss"
      ssdir="c:\VSS"
    /&gt;

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 21-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Cheers Hobbes!
    I was hoping you'd know something about this. smile.gif
    The only thing now is that if I have something checked out the build fails but that's no biggy really.
    Thanks again

Advertisement