Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any issues with IBB Breeze Access please post here. Help is always at hand

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

Drapper wrote:
    www.HLSW.net

game programme but good traceroute programme too

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

After a plethora of issues getting Eircom to wire my new house for a phone line, and ultimately broadband, I contacted Irish Broadband...

They came out to install wireless breeze last Friday.
    First off, the contractors were told my new house had a chimney - After expressly telling sales staff that I didn't!!

The ladder they brought wasn't nearly gonna get to the top of the gable, so they did a test on the roof onsite. It passed; clear signal from roof. They tld me that another team would have to come with a cherry-picker to install. I was disheartened, but understood that the tools at hand didn't suit the task.

I closed the door, only to have the doorbell ring three minutes later. One of the contractors telling me he rang in to Irish Broadband and aprised them of my situation. REMINDER: TEST PASSED. NEED CHERRY-PICKER.

I had the guy stand in my doorway with head bowed telling me that the 'test had FAILED' !!?! I asked him to explain, and reading between the lines, I got the impression I was more trouble than I was worth.

So here I am, in a built up area sourrounded by wired ready Broadband, and I'm still without. Even waiting on Eircom, it'll be another two to three months.

BUGGER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

sticker wrote:
    Even waiting on Eircom, it'll be another two to three months.
    Why? Are Eircom doing work in the area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

SkepticOne wrote:
    Why? Are Eircom doing work in the area?

I've a thread here explaining it all... New estate, Next door is site office with 4 lines in, not to mention broadband. Site foreman says Eircom would have me hooked up in 15 minutes, yet they insist that the infrastructure is not in place. Forecast from Eircom is 'cable laid - June' 'Lines in and operational - July' I'm a webdesigner, so it's a pity I have to wait so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

what is the definition o broadband. i am getting around 25% packet loss and an engineer was meant to call me yesterday. i think i will contact the regulator at the end of the week if its not sorted.

the company is a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Anyone got high latecy from the Ballycoolin mast last night ?

seems to be the two hops once the ping leaves the tallaght switch and enters the two IBB routers before the INEX.

D

Advertisement