Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An occassion where George didn't need to lie

• 07-04-2005 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

I was watching The Race annd why did George pretend that he was an architect, when he had a job with The NY Yankees? He was getting a pretty good salary and nothing to be ashamed about.

PS: Is the cop girl in The Beard possibly one of the worst actresses ever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I have to admit I've only recently got into this show (thanks to paramount comedy) and I haven't seen most Seinfeld eps but I saw a clipshow ep the other night and in it it insinuated that George has some obsession with being an architect as he has mentioned the idea of being one on several occasions. Perhaps his urge superseeds the pride he takes from his highpowered baseball job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Yes he lies in exteme cases, a classic line from "The Marine Biologist"

George" Why didn't you tell her that I was an architecht? you know I always wanted to pretend to be an architecht" LOL

It won't take ya too long as Paramount will repeat the eps, I 've been watching it since 96 and I havent looked back, instantly hooked.

Frank: What ever happened to my thats a lovely dress you're wearing, may I have this dance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

Since there is nothing to be gained from lying about knowing Jerry, he could just back up jerrys claim, which would be the easiest way to go about it. But instead, as usual the two prefer to pull a scam which of course requires George to go into character and its only logical that he should become the person he always wanted to be, the architect. I wouldn't say George lies in extreme cases, he lies all the time and is proud of it.

As for working for the Yankees, I think there are numerous references to this job that would indicate it was not all that high powered, for instance when he becomes the new Wilhelm they get an intern from a local high school to do his job on 2 days a week.

Haven't seen the Beard but my worst actors/parts in Seinfeld go to the reporter in the O'Brien episode (the head of hair on her) and the tv show host and his reporter in the Finale, watch as he sways to and from the camera, cringe inducing stuff.

Advertisement