Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual Nokia Firmware Update

Options
  • 07-04-2005 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to do this update yourself manually without having to go to a shop to get it done.Say update it over the web wheile ur fone has a data cable connected oir something.
    Does anyone know where you could download such an update?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

No, it's not possible to do it yourself unless you have special equipment and access to the firmware updates themselves.

Firmware updates are free (if your phone is less than one year old) and the update usually takes a couple of hours depending on where you go.

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Most Nokia phones can be fully flashed in anything from 5 - 15 minutes max, but the delay would be purely just waiting your turn I presume when you leave it in to a shop, unless they are doing absolutely nothing!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

i`ve got a 6630. i brought it into the nokia service centre in cork to get the firmware updated after they told me on the phone that they could do it in 2 hours. they then told me it would have to be sent to dublin and it would take 10 days. my brother sent his 6630 off and it took 15 days. i think they should change their name to nokia no service centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Waiting on activation for my equipment, but should be able to do 6630's soon, as in next day or so.

In fairness, up until recently, there was nothing available for flashing them, other than Nokia equipment and I dont know if all the service centres would have it. The 6630 belongs to a new family of Nokia phones. Not DCT4, but BB5.

Advertisement