Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laying cards over prematurely

Options
  • 07-04-2005 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. In Super/ System 2, Brunson talks about how he'll occasionally turn over his hole cards to get a tell on somebody. there was a post somewhere else about this a few months back on poker.ie and the general response was this was not allowed. The reason being the same as why string betting is prohibited. I'd love to know whether there is actually a rule about this tactic.
    Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Haven't read it (yet) but I assume he means flashing cards after the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

na, he means actually showing cards before the hand is over which is allowed in certain games.....just none that i've played in.

there was a wpt game where a guy asked the director if he could show a card and he was allowed. i've used it in home games as a headfcuk but i dont think it's very sporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

In the Fitz its considered unfair and is strongly discouraged. It generally will incur a warning, subsequent infringements may lead to the hand being declared dead.

That doesn't stop it being entertaining, like when you slowly turn over the lone ace of spades in Omaha with a flush on board to Tom in a (rather expensive) home game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I prefer it when you get somebody to fold to your bet on the river, and then just flash them one card, something that means absolutely nothing, like a 2 of clubs on a board of AKQT9 and they have folded pocket queens or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I prefer it when you get somebody to fold to your bet on the river, and then just flash them one card, something that means absolutely nothing, like a 2 of clubs on a board of AKQT9 and they have folded pocket queens or something.

pure evil :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The two times I will always remember would be the time I got Henbane to call my all in with my poker of nines and the time I beat dotc with the card that gave him the the top flush but me the straight flush. Man that was one of those dreams hands were you just take your foot off the brake because you know, deep down, for a few short seconds you cannot lose. And that's the drug the keeps me coming back to poker, moments like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Did you just stumble onto this thread under the influence Amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

wondered the same thing a few months back and i dont think anyone is too sure! Some think its even "un-ethical" for god knows what reason!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=205920

Advertisement