Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who's going to Trinity ball?

• 07-04-2005 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

just wondering who's going to be heading to the ball this year, its kinda dear and i haven't heard of many of the bands but i was thinking of going with some friends anyhow.

anyone else thinking of heading to it?

Are you going? 34 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    73%
    KappardreginrabbitinlightsStargalIDMTime Magazinedermot_sheehandoonothingChickKevin_rc_ielatimerAndrew 83Ron DMCJim_No.6Lorcan26wayfarerxeduCatkt_hughesHitchhiker's Guide to...foxybrowne 25 votes
    Undecided..
    26%
    chumppseudonymNike_DudeThe Shol'vaarbeitsscheuerDavid19[Deleted User]HomesickAlienArmen Tanzarian 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

At the moment it's a no.. Little impetus. But I may yet be cajoled by my mates should they convey their enthusiasm well.

Undecided..
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    At the moment it's a no..

I wonder, should this nearly be a poll? I don't think I'll be going this year.

I'll add a public poll, good idea btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

No
    Whaddaya mean, you haven't heard of many of the acts. Who cares about them little bands, You'll have forgotten most of them by the time Ian Brown comes on.

Let me reiterate, IAN BROWN IS PLAYING AT THE BALL!!!

Who in their right mind would miss it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Myth wrote:
    I wonder, should this nearly be a poll? I don't think I'll be going this year.

Heh!

Go on my son! Make me proud of you! :D

• Advertisement

Undecided..
    DrIndy wrote:
    Heh!

Go on my son! Make me proud of you! :D

Hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

No
    Almost certainly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Anselmo

No
    hmm, think it's a must , in my only year as a Trinity (postgrad) student,

am not overly inspired by the line-up tbh, but I do accept that Ian Brown may in fact be fantastic, (but, most things will be forgotten by the time he comes on stage!)

€60 is a lot at the moment though for me,
    and it'll be hard to follow the only previous time I went in '99 for David Gray, Supergrass and The frames

but, I think it has to be done

how likely is it to sell out in the next few weeks or so,or at all, anyone?

No
    Does the ball ever sell out early? And how often does it sell out at all?

btw its €70

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you forgot the Atari jaguar option....

i'm going

• Advertisement

No need for an atari jaguar option here.. There is no indifferent option (they're covered by no and undecided)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dunno. Being broke, money is an issue, and I still have to get an oxegen ticket..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

Undecided..
    Pet wrote:
    Dunno. Being broke, money is an issue, and I still have to get an oxegen ticket..

whoa! i'm goin to oxegen too!
    don't see much point in goin to the ball tho. never got that whole libertines/babyshambles thing.

who isnt going to oxygen this year?

oh wait....

never got that whole libertines/babyshambles thing.

<3.

It makes me marginally less cynical and slightly more happy when I meet people who aren't under the thrall of crappy crappy bands like the libertines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

No
    I probably am because I'm in final year, if I was in a lower year I probably wouldn't due to the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

No
    Yeah I'm not overly impressed by the line-up, especially with all the hype about how having MCD involved with it was going to up the standard by so much. But then I am quite drunk so maybe I'll have changed my mind by tomorrow.

G'wan the TFM AGM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

No
    Met a rather drunk and talkative former t:fm film editor in town, told me all about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

No
    Well, I'm definitely going again after last year. I know it doesn't sound too likely, but imho, the bands aren't a particularly important aspect of the ball.

ontoh, from the few Babyshambles tracks I've got tonight, they don't sound half bad..!

stargal wrote:
    But then I am quite drunk so maybe I'll have changed my mind by tomorrow.

G'wan the TFM AGM!

is there ever a time your not drunk? serriously, I saw you at 11am one day and you could barely stand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

No
    Sure I might wander along, its always a good laugh, if you make it out of Doyles that is.

is there ever a time your not drunk? serriously, I saw you at 11am one day and you could barely stand
    Now that's the spirit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

[Billy Conolley(sp?)]
    Proper wee jobbie
    [/Billy Conolley]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

No
    DB wrote:
    [Billy Conolley(sp?)]

Lol I don't get it, you do Theoretical Physics r whatever and you can't spell Connolly, tee hee hee :D

Undecided..
    Chick wrote:
    Lol I don't get it, you do Theoretical Physics r whatever and you can't spell Connolly, tee hee hee :D

Tribal curse of Mathematicians, not being able to spell. Engineers too. In fact we're all ****ed. But at least we can write, nurses' writing is prone to illegibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Actually thats doctors, nurses normally have great handwriting and put us all to shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Undecided..
    Love to go, but I can't think of any way to turn nothingness into cash, so I'm out. If I somehow did though first priority is an Oxegen ticket :P

Undecided..
    I did one of those psychometric or whatever tests last year to pay for my ticket. 6 hours, 65 euro in the end. None too shabby. (then I got a free ticket, heh!)

I'm slowly becoming tempted to go to the T-Ball this year, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

No
    Myth wrote:
    But at least we can write, nurses' writing is prone to illegibility.

Ok I was gonna go off on a rant there, but Indy has already said what I meant. It's doctors writing that is so much worse! Apparently the reason given for their woeful spider scratchings is that "they were in a rush" :rolleyes: So very dodgy Kardexes in comparision to our reports and Nurses Notes.

Oh and on topic, I'm going to the Trinity ball! Oh and Shovla I'm going to Oxegen! :D

• Advertisement

I did one of those psychometric or whatever tests last year to pay for my ticket. 6 hours, 65 euro in the end.

Elaborate please?

Oh, and all this talk of bad doctor's writing makes me want to scan in a copy of a prescription I got last year. The writing is so illegible, it's actually impossible to make out a single letter. The pharmacist had to call the doctor personally..

Pet wrote:
    Elaborate please?
    Look around the noticeboards and u see memory test this, coordination test that etc. We had a thread on this a few months back "make money the student way" or sommit. All about protituting yourself to the psych dept.

tbh it's easier to give lc grinds at 20euro per hour. More stable influx of income

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Look around the noticeboards and u see memory test this, coordination test that etc. We had a thread on this a few months back "make money the student way" or sommit. All about protituting yourself to the psych dept.

tbh it's easier to give lc grinds at 20euro per hour. More stable influx of income
    You have to know stuff to do that though.

You do.. junior cert science and maths

piece of piss

I'd make an absolutely ****e teacher though. I hit my friend the other day for not knowing anything about genes or genetics or DNA, but then again he doesn't even know what cells are, so you can't blame either of us.

Undecided..
    Pet wrote:
    Elaborate please?

Yeah pretty much what Apex said. Just have a look around the notice boards, or subscribe to the su jobs list.

You could always ask around for a job in the four seasons, I used to work there and they pay you loads (its ****e work, but getting paid to eye up models was good)

• Advertisement

No
    I did those test last year as well. It was quite a sweet little money-earner.

I remember they said they would email us when the results had been analysed and they'd tell us how we performed but I never received anything and forgot to do any inquiring. I know its ages ago now but did you hear about how you did Myth or did you take your money and run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Let me reiterate, IAN BROWN IS PLAYING AT THE BALL!!!

Who in their right mind would miss it?

Anyone in their right mind would miss it. Ian Brown is a joke.

Undecided..
    wayfarer wrote:
    I did those test last year as well. It was quite a sweet little money-earner.

I remember they said they would email us when the results had been analysed and they'd tell us how we performed but I never received anything and forgot to do any inquiring. I know its ages ago now but did you hear about how you did Myth or did you take your money and run?

I got an email in December saying...
    Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:10:19 +0000

Dear All,

We said we would contact you when the results from the Psychometric
    tests became available and discuss the tests and the results.

We knew that the analysis would take some considerable time, but due to
    the sheer volume of data, the analysis has taken much longer than
    anticipated.

We will have a session tomorrow night Wednesday December 8th in the
    Edmund Burke Theatre from 6 to 8 p.m. where we will describe the tests,
    give individual results and answer any queries that people may have.

We have emailed everyone that got an honorarium but we would appreciate
    it if you would let your friends, who attended these tests, know in
    case they don't read the email in time or have been inadvertently
    omitted from the list.

Yours sincerely,

(the guy who did the tests)

I think you might be a bit late! I'll pm you his email address if you really want the info though.

No
    Cheers for that. I emailed him just there. I doubt he'll get back to me though since I am 4 months late. Were the results worth getting? Did you go to the talk back in December?

Undecided..
    Nah never went in the end, I think that there was something I had on at the same time, then just never went back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

No
    I did them too!

They totally did my head in though... Horrible migraine afterwards... It was grand until we ended up on the computer-based tests...

Undecided..
    Jim_No.6 wrote:
    I did them too!

They totally did my head in though... Horrible migraine afterwards... It was grand until we ended up on the computer-based tests...

Nah that was the best bit. I brought some earphones and lashed on the rolling stones. Was all good until the hearing memory tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Undecided..
    Hey, I'm employed now, maybe I can go to the ball :P

Or I could buy a mystery box from that weird guy on Moore Street...

you can get a free ticket to the ball if you agree to work in the su shop

agent smith and the shol'va.... SHOP BUDDIES!

Undecided..
    Hey, I'm employed now, maybe I can go to the ball :P

Or I could buy a mystery box from that weird guy on Moore Street...

The box. THE BOX!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

No
    have to agree with some other posts - who cares who the bands are?! I've no idea who I've seen playing in the past 4 years and I've had a great time anyway! Was either too drunk to notice the music or was chatting away to my friends and telling them how much I loved them! As long as it stays dry I'll be happy! Oh, and I don't lose my friends and boyfriend for the night as I may have done last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

No
    Anyone know of anybody not going and have tickets to give to some guy you met on the Internet (me)? I have tickets for my girlfriend and myself but two good mates of mine really wanna go this year and Im struggling to get tickets.

S.

i'll see what i can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

No
    how did agm go as? who got what?

what AGM?

• Advertisement
Advertisement