Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

after all that....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

No wonder he was so pissed off at the ban. Why was he banned before the investigation was complete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ROFL, no wonder he was so pissed.
    I don't see why this wouldn't affect his ban? Surely it should be listed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A had the feeling Mourinho wasn't lying , maybe Uefa's hostile attitude might change a little.......just a little .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"Rijkaard wanted to say hello" :D I'm sure thats all he said.

could he not have found time in the build up to the game to say hi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Surely the fine should be repaid and the ban revoked?

• Advertisement

When the ban is revoked Mourinho should still stay away but make it extremely obvious that he is on the phone to the fitness coach bloke. he should sit there without the hat and use a little earpiece. Go on Jose wreck everyones head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

How does that change anything? Murinho claimed the ref was corrupt, He lied saying that he saw Rikjaard going into Frisks dressing room and hinted that they had both conspired to send off a chelsea player.

I dont see how the revelation that Rijkaard and Frisk spoke going down the tunnel brings anything new to the case or changes anything . I would imagine Managers complaining to refs in the tunnel is a pretty common occurance in the game.

"Frisk told him it was not the place or moment to speak about the match."

The Muppet wrote:
    How does that change anything? Murinho claimed the ref was corrupt, He lied saying that he saw Rikjaard going into Frisks dressing room and hinted that they had both conspired to send off a chelsea player.

I dont see how the revelation that Rijkaard and Frisk spoke going down the tunnel brings anything new to the case or changes anything . I would imagine Managers complaining to refs in the tunnel is a pretty common occurance in the game.

Who's to say they werent talking about the match? Frisks word against Mourinho about what was said is different to a completed denial that a conversation took place full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In the post match interview it was said Frank said hi going up the stairs, thats not new info.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Frisks word against Mourinho
    One has no vested interested and is hired by Uefa opposed to a manager who had a vested interest in the game and is not employed by Uefa.
    Who would u believe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

its just funny how the ban was handed out before this investigation was carried out.

btw this isnt the first time mourinho has claimed this, i seem to remember he claimed ferguson was talking to the ref during half time, in what i think was the league cup encounter during the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

B-K-DzR wrote:
    One has no vested interested and is hired by Uefa opposed to a manager who had a vested interest in the game and is not employed by Uefa.
    Who would u believe?

how do you know he has no vested interest? maybe he recieved some money under the table before hand?

At the end of the day the ref was seen speaking to rikajrd. That much is indisputable. What was really said at the time is open to speculation.

If anyone should get a ban it should be rikarjd for approaching the ref during half time. I think no managers should try to speak to the ref at half time (or at any other point privately during/before a match) to (obviously) try and influence them.

Stekelly wrote:
    Who's to say they werent talking about the match? Frisks word against Mourinho about what was said is different to a completed denial that a conversation took place full stop.

Who's to say the were conspiring to fix the match as Murinho claimed. Refs are often confronted by irate managers going down the tunell as I said Its nothing new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

The Muppet wrote:
    Who's to say the were conspiring to fix the match as Murinho claimed. Refs are often confronted by irate managers going down the tunell as I said Its nothing new

that's the point though, when it comes to "what was said" we only have Fisks word that there was no attempt at inlfuence. And ofc he is going to say that, i mean he isn't gonna come and say..

"ya we had a chat and i said i'd give em a hand in the 2nd half"

I don't care what team it is, i'm interested in fair play and imo managers that try to approach a ref at half time should recieve touch line bans and the practise will stop :)

Memnoch wrote:
    that's the point though, when it comes to "what was said" we only have Fisks word that there was no attempt at inlfuence. And ofc he is going to say that, i mean he isn't gonna come and say..

"ya we had a chat and i said i'd give em a hand in the 2nd half"

I don't care what team it is, i'm interested in fair play and imo managers that try to approach a ref at half time should recieve touch line bans and the practise will stop :)

Is there any way of proving what was said? No so to speculate is wrong. They spoke in the tunnel between the pitch and the dressing room, Big Deal , its hardly a private consultation i say that happenes every matchday .

Murinho admitted to lieing about seeing Rikjaard going into the refs derssing room and insinuated that this was a factor in the ref awarding barca a penno.
    That's a far cry for having words in public between the pitch and the dressing room . Murinho deserves his punishment after all it's not the foirst time he made public such unfounded allegations.

Advertisement