Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle v Sporting

• 07-04-2005 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Live on Setanta now. Kicks off in 5 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

will Eurosport be showing highlights at the end of the night ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Any sign of Bowyer coming on? :)

Was he named on the bench? Paper today said he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

1-0 Shearer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Stekelly wrote:
    Any sign of Bowyer coming on? :)

Was he named on the bench? Paper today said he was.
    He came on to replace Dyer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Given went of injuried at half time. Is it serious?? does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    He came on to replace Dyer...

Was there a hug and kiss?

The cynic in me would be inclined to say it was a convenient swap from a public image point of view.

Dewey wrote:
    Given went of injuried at half time. Is it serious?? does anyone know?

I flicked over there for a sec, was wondering why Harper was playing. God commentary on setanta is dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Given has been playing through pain for weeks with his hip and thats why he didn't come out in the 2nd half.

I must have said this about 10 times now but I put €5 on AZ at 50/1 a few months ago to win the UEFA cup. They've just beaten Villarreal in Spain. Villarreal have never conceded a goal in their 18 home matches in Europe, they've conceded 2 tonight. Really wasn't expecting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    no, put it on in my local bookies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Stekelly wrote:
    Was there a hug and kiss?

The cynic in me would be inclined to say it was a convenient swap from a public image point of view.

I was thinking it was a bit of a PR stunt alright when I was watching it last night.

There was no hug and kiss, but there was a double high five, although they didn't even look at each other when doing it.

The match was a fairly brutal affair. The quality of passing from Newcastle was atrocious and there was some shocking miss kicks by the Newcastle while trying to clear their lines in the first half (Robert had one and can't remember the other, however, Robert pass to Shearer for the goal was top notch.)
    If they play like that in the second leg they'll be knocked out although Sporting, for all their nice passing had no real end result.

Ricardo got some whack in the head from Ameobi in the first few minutes of the game. The size of the lump on the side of his jaw looked well sore.

B.

Advertisement