Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First meeting scheduled for new club!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Whereabouts in the park? Sounds like a lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

if its rainin and no one is playing (with their instruments),

ye i'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'll be there unless something major comes up, which it almost certainly won't. In such an event I'll probably be able to post my not-coming-ness.

So count me in. I'll bring 3 crappy/practice clubs, 3 rings, 6 beanbag balls, 3 DX Balls and one 2.75" acrylic contact ball. Plus a copy of The Complete Juggler by Dave Finnigan (aka Professor Confidence).

If anyone has poi could you please bring them. I've got the weave down but I haven't had a chance to try it on proper poi. I've been using long socks with beanbags in them. Lol. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

cool. That's a good book; is what I learned form. Don't think I still have my copy though.
    Couple of interesting ideas in it we could try if we have enough people; like a team sport based on juggling called field juggling I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Count me in

/edit
    Feck,forgot i had to work on Sunday, that sucks :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Quangle

Count me in. (no kit yet though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Call_Me,Stan

I would have gone, but I'm getting baptised on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

pwd wrote:
    The website has been updated, and now has an RSS feed on it.
    Ooooooh...! Shiney.

=-=

I'll be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yeah i will probably put in an appearance, i'm in full support! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I might be able to turn up, but not for long.
    Weather doesnt look great tho, Saturday looks better. This from met.ie:
    "Saturday will be dry with sunny spells and light winds. Sunday will bring spells of heavy rain with strong southerly winds."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lol

I'm busy both days anyway, but i still can't help laughing at that forecast, not that i don't believe it (in all honesty this is not sarcasm, oh crap, sarcasm, by it's very nature is impossible to deny, nuts!)

Hopefully the forecast will improve. The amount of times I've been watching the forecast for weekend activities (rock climbing, caving, etc...) start off looking horrible, and slowing improving to the point where you get glorius sunshine all day - it's crazy. Not that i'd put money on it or anything.

Not looking good:
    "Saturday will be dry and mostly sunny. High 13 C. Cold and dry at first Saturday night with frost in places, but wet and windy weather will develop later. Windy Sunday, with heavy rain. But cooler, more showery weather, will set in later in the day and during Sunday night."

Shall we leave it until next Sunday then?
    Or would you like to meet on Saturday?
    I think the park might be a bit crowded on a Saturday, personally, especially in good weather. Would imagine it would be more enjoyable with fewer people about.

On the contrary, anybody seeing it could be informed of the regularity of the meets that will follow, it would be a good way to welcome new recruits if they see it goin on ya know?

I really DON'T think we should push it til nexy Sunday. I say this Sunday. I won't be able to make it on Saturday anyway.

" Wet and windy tomorrow, with some heavy falls of rain in places. Clearer drier weather spreading slowly from the Atlantic later."
    If you want to go this sunday bring all your raingear, and leave behing your suede balls. bandstand provides some shelter, but not when the rain is coming in sideways.

I wont be ther as I have a c++ practical exam on monday. good luck to those brave enough to go juggling in the rain.

Yeah we'll leave it at the time it's already scheduled for because changing it now would be messy I think.

Nice one. See ya there.

Erm; the parks kind of big. Any place in particular that its going to be at?

• Advertisement

Yeah, the bandstand. The big roofed thing beside the lake. You may know it as a gizeebo.

Was late :o Didn't get there till 3.30pm, and no-one was there. I'll try to get there earlier next week.

Oh, and for those who are looking for bean-bag's to juggle, the Banana Tree in St Stephens Green Shopping Centre has "juggeling balls" (bean-bag balls) for €1.99

shame you must have only just missed us.

Been googling unsuccessfully for pics of the bandstand. It was a good ide to use itr because it offered good shelter from the rain, when it did rain. It is the fairly large, circular shelter, slightly raised and surrounded by a flower bed.

pwd wrote:
    shame you must have only just missed us.

Been googling unsuccessfully for pics of the bandstand. It was a good ide to use itr because it offered good shelter from the rain, when it did rain. It is the fairly large, circular shelter, slightly raised and surrounded by a flower bed.
    Ah well. I know where it is, so maybe next week.

Picture of the bandstand

no i think that's not the same as where we used. Thought equipment might end up in the water if we used that.

pwd wrote:
    no i think that's not the same as where we used. Thought equipment might end up in the water if we used that.
    ... I was waiting @ the wrong one :o

Pluwease tell me where the one you practice at is. I was told "the one next to the lake". How much more next to the lake can you get ;)

Picrture would be nice. I think there's one in the south-east corner, but I'm not too sure :rolleyes:

the_syco wrote:
    I was told "the one next to the lake". How much more next to the lake can you get ;)
    My bad.

Directions:-

Coming in through the main gate you go to the left (your left) of the railed off lake. head down until you come to the first right. Take it. head towards the foot of the bridge. Go accross the bridge. You should now be in the central garden with a big fountain. If you look straight ahead you should see a BIG gazebo (apparently also known as a belvedere, hmmm...) with a flower bed encirling it. There you should go.

About where the grey dot is on this map (thank you Google).

Couldn't make it to the first meet, how did it go? Same time this weekend? I have a lot of juggling friends from school who are interested in attending also, probably 4 or 5 would attend on a regular basis. Anyway, suggest you sticky this for notices etc. in the future regarding meets.

Couldn't make it to the first meet, how did it go? Same time this weekend? I have a lot of juggling friends from school who are interested in attending also, probably 4 or 5 would attend on a regular basis. Anyway, suggest you sticky this for notices etc. in the future regarding meets.
    It went pretty well. There were hardly record numbers but it was fun.
    If there is another this Sunday then I can't make it.
    Yeah, I was thinking of stickying it. If pwd will make a more general club thread (as in not one about only the first meet) perhaps entitled "Dublin City Juggling info." or something I'd probably sticky it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement