Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 settings for nokia 6670

Options
  • 07-04-2005 8:14pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone will be able to help me out.

A friend of mine bought a 6670 in Italy (Sim Free) last week and can't get the internet or MMS working.
    I went to the nokia site for him and ordered the correct settings (standard settings) but they won't work.

I also checked the sticky here and tried the settings but to no avail

Was chattin to o2 ' customer service ' and they said they don't have the settings yet - would take 2-3 weeks to get them

Is this correct??

Or should I be able to get it workin for him?

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the best thing is go to nokia site, or go to any nokia repair centre like MPRC in sandyford and they will flash the phone and also install whatever settings you require
    if o2 says the settings willtake 2-3 weeks that might be true as they were testing the phone on o2 network afew weeks ago.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers,

Tried the site but no joy.
    anyone know a nokia centre around santry/beaumont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

mik_da_man wrote:
    Was chattin to o2 ' customer service ' and they said they don't have the settings yet - would take 2-3 weeks to get them

Is this correct??

GOD!!!!!
    What total crap they get away with!!!!
    Thats a load of ****! I had a 6670 a few months ago and put O2 settings on it without a problem. Actually got it from Cyrus, who will also back me up here as he had used it for a couple of weeks first!

Is he on prepay or bill? Settings you received might need slight tweaking if you selected the wrong ones...
    If you're stuck, PM me your number and I'll talk you through it ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers wolfman,

my mate is on prepay but has decided to tell his credit card co not to pay out for the fone he bought in Italy cause they said it would work in Ireland and it doesn't!

then I think he will buy a new one here, think he will prob get it cheaper too!!

but if he's stuck with the settings i'll get in touch

cheers mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

No problem
    But there's no logical reason why his exisiting one will not work here???

• Advertisement
Advertisement