Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tomorrow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'll pop in, see if anyone's around, and if not I'll bugger off... I've a lecture at 2 anyways

You goin' kitten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

shall be there for 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'll be there anyway at 1, hope someones up for a few games of pool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm always up for Pool esp. when I've alcohol on me thus I rip the cloth.

If anyone has difficulty recognising yours truly I'm wearing a distinctive black AC/DC t-shirt but if it gets too hot I usually don't wear any clothes so if that occurs its gonna be really hard for anyone to recognise me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

i was supposed to be going to study at 1 but :rolleyes: i'l pop in for a bit that's about 5 people now anyone else ??

• Advertisement

Got there at 1 and stuck around for half an hour, but couldnt see anyone. Did any of you head over?

OK the story is I've been in the bar since 1 but I havent seen anyone else apart from me by their own looking remotely dodgy as if they dont know who they are meeting up with. :o I thought up at the end of the bar where the pool tables are was where we were to meet? :confused: I was there I tell you! I had to leave as I was 20 minutes sitting there on my tod and I didn't see anyone at all wating around for anyones. Sorry about that guys, I'm not pissed off or anything as I had a feeling this could happen but next time if anything like this is arranged everyone should wear flouresent yellow jackets with orange shorts :rolleyes: or just go naked :D or more intellignetly maybe if someone switches mobile numbers via PM or something like that. Well enjoy the beer or more likely after you've read this you've already enjoyed the beer! :) I'm on a stag weekend next week so at least I'll have a few more squid to get myself wasted on! :D

blondie83 wrote:
    Got there at 1 and stuck around for half an hour, but couldnt see anyone. Did any of you head over?

I was there as I just said. Where were you????????? I was at the end of the bar where the pool tables were. Ah sh*t!

We're you at the far end of the bar from the door? Thats where i was looking for people. I did a walk through first of all, but saw no one there, then hung around suspiciously at the door pretending to mess on my mobile phone! We're you on your own?

Yeah I was there at a high table by myself :( I swear I didnt see anyone else by themselves so don't worry sweetheart. Things like that happen all the frickin' time with me (always getting stood up :) ). Ah its cool I was there for about 20 mins or so looking like a muppet but wha the heck! :D

• Advertisement

People started giving me some strange looks after a while - there's only so long you can pretend to be reading the juke-box selection for! Ah its a pity though, I was looking forward to meeting a few ppl from boards. Next time we should def pm mobile numbers beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah I was there too on my own :( Couldnt see anyone.

Was wearing my black trenchcoat with my hair in a ponytail. I thought my Nirvana t-shirt would be a give away :(

Oh well better luck next time.
    Maybe i'll wear my slipknot black tshirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I would have popped by.

You'll deffo recognise me.

My head is Mach3'ed*

Here's a sketch of it :p

*actually it's a cheap Alid "Carlton" razor which though more difficult to use without cutting yourself, once mastered it can actually give a closer shave.

showed up saw nobody then left soon afterwards try again monday this time wait outside bar question mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I was also there!From one till about ten past didnt see anyone at all,oh well.Outside the bar sounds pretty good but when?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Myself and the rarely-posting Mr. Michael Collins were in the bar about 1.30 but saw nobody... ah well!

showed up saw nobody then left soon afterwards try again monday this time wait outside bar question mark

I'm in agreement - I want to go to at least one UCD boards beer before I leave this place! The place where all the smokers are outside the bar is good, as its all sheltered. Meet there Monday anyone? We could agree to wait outside the bar untill 10 past one or so, and then whoevers there could go on in and drink and play pool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

did you guys all go to the same place at the same time but didn't actually talk to each other. you guys gives internet nerds a bad name. i hope it goes better next time. do none of you actually know each other from outside this board? in the trinity one there were a few ppl that just happened to know each other and the dcu one seem to be like family. this kinda proves UCD Is a big giant unsocialable blob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

this kinda proves UCD Is a big giant unsocialable blob.

Shame on you!!!

I've met LOADSA new people in ucd!

I started my 1st day with a posse of 12 people i knew before starting & now all my ucd mates are completely different.
    My bf was in a different faculty completely & most of my friends are from all sorts of courses & years thank you very much!!

HUH!

i stand corrected......

or do i?

• Advertisement

Not sure if I'll be there on Monday. I'll try my best.
    did you guys all go to the same place at the same time but didn't actually talk to each other. you guys gives internet nerds a bad name. i hope it goes better next time. do none of you actually know each other from outside this board? in the trinity one there were a few ppl that just happened to know each other and the dcu one seem to be like family. this kinda proves UCD Is a big giant unsocialable blob.

Even though I only know 1 person who posts here most of the people who do post here seem to be sound people barring one or two exceptions. Apart from the people who post here I would agree with you that UCD is a big unsociable blob judging by the people in my course but I couldn't say that about other faculties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

What about the forum, i really think it would make more sense, plus last time i was in the student bar we got kicked out for smoking weed...

Even though I only know 1 person who posts here most of the people who do post here seem to be sound people barring one or two exceptions.

Like who?

Ok everyone 1 o clock on Monday, I'll take one for the team and wear a pink hat with my trenchcoat so you can't miss me.
    I'll be there from 12.30 in case anyone wants to come early, i'll be at the pool table end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

And yet again, Kevin never fails to amaze me. :rolleyes:

anyway, am free from 10 - 2 tomorrow so will pop into the bar around 1.

I know I'm amazing. I'm free tomorrow at 1 also so be careful i don't gate crash your meeting.

UCD Boards beers has made it once more to the runway.
    After many software complications, a few hardware confilicts and one false start things are looking up for our brave test pilots.

I know I'm amazing. I'm free tomorrow at 1 also so be careful i don't gate crash your meeting.

:rolleyes:

I wonder if it's going to be a:

40image.jpg

or a

airplane.jpg

which pub is it anyway? the student bar or the forum?

• Advertisement

Student Bar!

Don't you think forum is more appropriate for the occasion...message boards...forums....

Don't you think forum is more appropriate for the occasion...message boards...forums....

kevin do you attend ucd? if not, dont you think it would be more appropriate to post on your own college board? particularly as we are discussing UCD Beers.

just a suggestion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

It's really simple, see, someone get a digital camera and take a photo of themselves (in some strikingingly handsome pose). Now comes the cunning part, that person then puts on the internet.

Or even better, Namebadges!

i reckon i'd recognise sebthebum.....we're both in 2nd year history as far as i know.

i know alana too, but thats about it.

does anyone here have pics on boards...like know your nerds?

great, i've got a stalker - just what i need... :D

Anyway, I only stuck my head in the student bar for bout 5 mins on fri cos I'd arranged to meet up wit a mate of mine in the Arts Cafe for the same time (I am a dumbass). Didn't matter much really as I did a quick recce of the place an I didn't see anyone of the slightly-gormless-boards.ie-poster description so...

But I'll come along tomorro anyway, f**k it. 1 oclock in the Student bar yeah?

I have longish hair, facial hair and glasses... It'd be hard to miss me really.
    So if ya don't see me you really have no excuses!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

SebtheBum wrote:
    great, i've got a stalker - just what i need... :D

hehe!

what history options did you do? i did Legacy of the Roman World and am doing Vikings at the mo.

you in either of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ill be there, 1 o clock tomorrow student bar. BUT, I would prefer Forum bar. Just would...

meet at jukebox is plan meee thinks 1 o clock

what history options did you do? i did Legacy of the Roman World and am doing Vikings at the mo.

you in either of them?

Nah, I'm currently in Britain and European Integration 1945-1990 (yawn) and I did 20th Century Britain in the 1st semester (not so much yawn).

Heh, I'm also doing British Politics in my other subject, so I'm gonna be well confused when I'm sittin the exams - Either that or it'll help cos I don't have to learn as much (that was the plan, anyway)! :D

SebtheBum wrote:
    Nah, I'm currently in Britain and European Integration 1945-1990 (yawn) and I did 20th Century Britain in the 1st semester (not so much yawn).

Heh, I'm also doing British Politics in my other subject, so I'm gonna be well confused when I'm sittin the exams - Either that or it'll help cos I don't have to learn as much (that was the plan, anyway)! :D

hehe fair play to ya! couldnt cope with all that politics stuff. much prefer the older topics.

anyway i'll probably recognise ya from the lectures. :)

• Advertisement

anyway i'll probably recognise ya from the lectures. :)

Mwa-ha, I wouldn't bet on it - I'd kinda have to go to lectures once in a while to be recognised from them! :D Just kiddin, I go to em once in a blue moon (well, tbh i almost never make the 9am Wednesday one, tis a pain in the f**kin ass).

Nooooooo! I have a Psy Tutorial at 1 and I have to go.

I'll poke my head through the door at 2 to see if people are still around.

Otherwise I'll go sweat my balls off in the gym.

eeeeeugh! sweaty balls :eek:

Cool, by the juke box at 1 o'clock - I'll be there holding a lilac jacket. Emmm, I'm average height, have short blond hair...can't really describe myself any more than that!

Sangre wrote:
    Like who?

Ummmm lets just say there are 3 people in Zane's black book!

meee not there today sorry meee home sick with flu instead hope meee did not disappoint anybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

damn, knew I should have checked the thread. I thought we were meeting outside. I was wearing a cream hoddy, thought I saw 2 possible boardsies, a small girl and a large man in black tshirt and shorts. But they both met ppl and left.
    Oh well, went to the gym like kas

I just chickened out & went drinkin at the food end of the bar with some mates.
    Such a lil fraidy cat killer!

Sorry.

It sounds like things didn't go to plan again. How about we try for this Friday at 1pm again? That way we'll all know the plan exactly for Friday.

BTW, as you can see I'm typing normally due to me winning the latest Survival challenge. Oh yeah! ;)

Good for you mr nice guy!
    Think i could see a few people at one of the pool tables near the juke-box, 1 of whom was blonde, so there might've been some sucess!?
    Suppose we'll find out later.

Thanks kittenkiller. Yeah perhaps there was some success. For all we know right now they could be still over there drinking and playing pool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement