Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tomorrow?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

well we had a semi-successful beers! there was myself, blondie, zane, red alert and sebthebum. was nice.

plan now is for thursday at 1 if anyone is up for it?

PS: we had a sign and everything!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Tsk! Zane said he wasn't able to make it earlier.
    Would've brought cake!

Glad it was a success Peachy!

Hope to see you on thurs so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Glad you had a good day. I'm really depressed right now sitting at home unwell but I hope to be better by Thursday and I'm sure I'd be able to make that time.

Well done guys. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Heres an idea, how about meeting somewhere obscure where nobody normally meets, that way you know whoever is there is a boardsie.
    How bout forum bar, and meet outside ag science building or the blob; whatever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Hey that was fun people! Although now I'm sitting her trying to study advanced communication theory and failing miserable because I'm quite drunk :( . Peachy, Zane and SebtheBum it was great to meet you all. Red Alert I already knew you, but it was great to see you again. Looking forward to thursday, when I will bring an even bigger sign that says "boards!" on it!

Kaptin Redeye,m we all met at the jukebox - seemed to be a good spot, cos no one else was really congregating there or anything. Mr Nice Guy, hope you get better soon, getting the flu is a right pain! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

well we had a semi-successful beers! there was myself, blondie, zane, red alert and sebthebum. was nice.

plan now is for thursday at 1 if anyone is up for it?

PS: we had a sign and everything!!!!
    blondie83 wrote:
    Hey that was fun people! Although now I'm sitting her trying to study advanced communication theory and failing miserable because I'm quite drunk :( . Peachy, Zane and SebtheBum it was great to meet you all. Red Alert I already knew you, but it was great to see you again. Looking forward to thursday, when I will bring an even bigger sign that says "boards!" on it!

Kaptin Redeye,m we all met at the jukebox - seemed to be a good spot, cos no one else was really congregating there or anything. Mr Nice Guy, hope you get better soon, getting the flu is a right pain! :cool:

Ok I've sworn I've seen this type of thing in movies before but for it to happen in real life to me is quite incredible. I'm sure we've all seen TV shows and movies where people have been able to appear in 2 places in the 1 one time but for this to happen to me is totally amazing! Now the Zane before now thought he had gone into college, left, gone home and then went off to the old dentist for a little work but guess what folks... at the same time I was in the bar. Now I don't seem to have any recolection of yours truly going to any bar or meeting up with a bunch of random strangers but this must be a part of new superpowers been in 2 places at the one time. Wow this could become a great storyline for a blockbuster..... the man who can appear in two places at the one time while not even realising that he is in a certain place. Oh gosh this is going to be huge. I'm in the money now!!!! :D

OK seriously WTF is going on. I didn't go to any bar today. Now I know alot of people really want to be as I'm such a sexy bastard despite being a little bit of an idiot but its not possible to be like Zane. There is only one Zane and thats me. Now unless I've got some major schitzophrenic probs which I don't (I swear!!), someone is playing a really funny prank which I simply find f**king hilarious :D:):D

Peachypants, Blondie, do any of you have a camera phone so i can picture msg my identity in order to solve the mystery of the Zane Lowe from MTV2 imposter?

Yours truly,

Zane from MTV2 (Alan)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It was great to meet peachypants and seb for the first time.. and you too zane!

will be there thursday btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

whats the plan thursday, 1 o clock or later on?

and zane they prob all decided it would be HILARIOUS to say A zane showed up....
    hmmm is everyone gonna hate me now for revealing your plan.... :p

• Advertisement

OK seriously WTF is going on. I didn't go to any bar today. Now I know alot of people really want to be as I'm such a sexy bastard despite being a little bit of an idiot but its not possible to be like Zane. There is only one Zane and thats me. Now unless I've got some major schitzophrenic probs which I don't (I swear!!), someone is playing a really funny prank which I simply find f**king hilarious :D:):D

Peachypants, Blondie, do any of you have a camera phone so i can picture msg my identity in order to solve the mystery of the Zane Lowe from MTV2 imposter?

Yours truly,

Zane from MTV2 (Alan)

oh zane....you and your wacky sense of humour! :D

was good to meet you at last

thursday should be a laugh if we get a good turnout

think the plan is 1pm on thursday and convene at the jukebox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

sounds like a good plan, tell us though, was this Zane a ppl person? Polite, intelligent, handsome? ;)

three words.......Life. And. Soul.

Riiiiight then, well on the off chance that it was someone imposting you, the person in question was of average height, wore beige slacks with a black jacket, and had dark hair. Dunno if that helps - by the way thanks for the drink, I'll get you back on Thursday!

i know... what a whacky dude zane! you rock!

(no really he was there for all you non-believers!)

• Advertisement

Ok I see that there is vicious conspiracy going on here against me.

First of all my real life name is Alan. I'm aged 19 and I am in 1st Arts. A
    Appearance: 5ft 10, shortish a bit messy brown hair, green eyes. I speak with a normal Dublin accent. Today i was wearing and still am wearing a brown hoodie, navy Libertines T-Shirt, Blue Levis jeans and white Adidas runners.

Now the only person who can possibly confirm my identity is the one and only Alana. Alana where the hell are you? Save my day!

OK if you think I'm messing whatever fine I'm seriuosly seriuos but I do find it all very amusing this banter going on here.

Alan aka the REAL Zane from MTV2

You've given it away now Zane...

Now *everyone* knows...

zane.jpg

Yeah I can't stay away from the gym!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

zane.jpg

Where'd you get me photo from????

In other news - I stuck my head in as planned at 2 o'clock and saw a couple of likely suspects.

One (a male) had a mid brown beard and the other (female) dyed purple hair.
    They looked slightly out of place in the bar and definite boardsie's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bah. 1pm is terrible for me most days of the week...(damn maths physics department and their love of lunchtime lectures!) Grr-age.

• Advertisement

kasintahan wrote:

In other news - I stuck my head in as planned at 2 o'clock and saw a couple of likely suspects.

One (a male) had a mid brown beard and the other (female) dyed purple hair.
    They looked slightly out of place in the bar and definite boardsie's.

well of they were boardsie's they didnt come near us. we were sitting one of the roundy booth thingys and we even had Blondie's "boards!" sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

well of they were boardsie's they didnt come near us. we were sitting one of the roundy booth thingys and we even had Blondie's "boards!" sign.

Tell her to bring it again Thursday :) - I finish at 1 that day AND it's the end of my 2 month long alcohol fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Fair play guys i knew u had it in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

God damnit this is what happens when you don't get to a pc for a few days-feel like i'm back in the ol dark ages...righto so, I'll try and make it for thursday then...Eh that guy doesn't sound like ZanefromMTV2....I know the lad...and that aint him....righto, hopefully get to see the human face behind ye old avatars soon..

Yeah so there all of you non-believers. There is only one Zane from MTV2!!!

There is only one..... there is only one Zane from MTV2....... there is only oooone...... there is only one Zane from MTV2! :)

Thats a bit worrying, maybe it was Sangre pretending to be Zane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Was said person devastatingly handsome?
    No?
    Then it wasn't me.

No it didn't sound like sangre at all, not offensive enough :D And if it was Sangre.. he pulled a blinder, you never know it wasn't Zane! Come on admit it, you were there Zane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Red Alert wrote:
    No it didn't sound like sangre at all, not offensive enough :D And if it was Sangre.. he pulled a blinder, you never know it wasn't Zane! Come on admit it, you were there Zane!

It couldn't...surely, it couldn't have been...Pat? :o

Zane did write plenty of comments about him. I never did.Honest! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, Zane was there, no question.

Who else possesses such razor-sharp wit and self-deprecating humour? :D
    He's just tryin to hide the fact that he was there cos, let's face it, it wouldn't do to have the legend of Zane besmirched by a public appearance - however brief.

Thursday at 1? No problem. It's not like I should be studyin or anythin... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

blondie83 wrote:

It was me :eek: :D

Nah in all honesty, that's a fantastic story :D Are you taking the piss or did someone really goto the meeting and pretend to be Zane? You should point him out to Zane when he does actually show up next time, or better still, see if he trys it again and we may have two Zanes at the one meeting. You'd never know who was who, I may goto the next one and pretend to be Zane too, see if we can get a whole group going :D

Are you Ed, Ed Ed?

Which Ed is that?

No, I'm not Ed whichever one you meant, I'm Zane from MTV2 :D

No, I'm not Ed whichever one you meant, I'm Zane from MTV2

So am i!!

Ed ents ed?

Nah that's not me, sure isn't he registerd on here with a different name anyway?

his name is Ed.
    thought that this was him when he's not hounding votes!
    i was gonna compliment him on his yellow t-shirt.
    Now i can't & i'm sad.

Do YOU have a nice yellow t-shirt?

For the sake of argument, we'll say yeah, get that compliment out of your system. Or just make it a general compliment for anyone who reads this thread and has a nice yellow t-shirt.

I really like your yellow t-shirt [insert name here].
    Do you know perhaps where i may be able to get one for myself?

Ps. thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well, this thread has certainly taken an odd turn... :rolleyes:

Or maybe I'm just jealous cos I don't hav a yellow t-shirt. Maw. :(

P.S. I am also Zane. Weird, no? :D

• Advertisement

blondie83 wrote:
    Hmmmm......
    On the 10th April at 16:59
    Sangre wrote:
    Ok everyone 1 o clock on Monday, I'll take one for the team and wear a pink hat with my trenchcoat so you can't miss me.
    I'll be there from 12.30 in case anyone wants to come early, i'll be at the pool table end.
    No one mentioned that Sangre was there???

It couldn't...surely, it couldn't have been...Pat? :o

Zane did write plenty of comments about him. I never did.Honest! :D
    Now we all know Pat can do some incredible things like skate up Mount Everest on a pair of rollerblades in 22 minutes 34 seconds but to possibly imposter the Zane? No chance. Now of course Pat was obviously there in spirit but the fact that Pat was in the Vatican on Monday preparing for his unveiling to the world media as the new Pope rules him out.
    Slash/ED wrote:
    It was me :eek: :D

Nah in all honesty, that's a fantastic story :D Are you taking the piss or did someone really goto the meeting and pretend to be Zane? You should point him out to Zane when he does actually show up next time, or better still, see if he trys it again and we may have two Zanes at the one meeting. You'd never know who was who, I may goto the next one and pretend to be Zane too, see if we can get a whole group going :D
    Yes thats thats the story. Someone who posts here went ot that beers and pretended to be me. I find it incredibly amusing that someone went to the trouble of doing that but at the same time I find it very incredibly weird that someone did that. Like yeah it would be funny if someone tried to con someone for a few minutes into thinking they were someone else but to keep it up and not eventually say to them they were taking the piss is seriously psycho and very f**ked up.

The fact is Zane, we know you were there - unless of course we were in a parallel universe.... which we probably weren't. You might as well admit it now as it's quite foolish to claim not to be there when you were. :)

Will someone just own up. Its getting boring this mystery over who was pretending to be me malarkey. Alana has already confirmed i look nothing like that person who was there on Monday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

its makes funny readin though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

*whistles*

Advertisement