Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good new music out there?

• 07-04-2005 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone has come accross any good rock/metal/thrash thats worth a listen to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

new-ish ??

there's a really good new indie pop-rock band starting to become big right now in the u.s. called The Servant, they did the music from the Sin City trailer if you're interested, its called cells do a search for it, its pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Bullet For My Valentine

Welsh four-piece. They have aspects of melodic rock mixed in with blissful thrash metal. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dresden Dolls all the way. Hard to describe, "thrash piano punk" is the best I can do. You WON'T be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

They kick ass! Pretty accurate description too. A piano, a drumkit and an extremely bitter, angry woman. So cool. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Is it me or does everything sound so generic over the past two years or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sikth

Impossible to describe but they are great!
    Very noisy,growling grunts and screams for vocals,but brilliantly constructed songs that are played with an extremely high level of musicianship.

They are a definite a one off and highly original.
    Due to their sound,they are very unlikely to have any sort of commercial success but their debut album is available online and indeed on the high street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

adox wrote:
    Sikth

Very noisy,growling grunts and screams for vocals,but brilliantly constructed songs that are played with an extremely high level of musicianship.

Due to their sound,they are very unlikely to have any sort of commercial success but their debut album is available online and indeed on the high street!

The only band that was on my mind that emerged in the past two years and are worth mentioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Bullet For My Valentine

Welsh four-piece. They have aspects of melodic rock mixed in with blissful thrash metal. :)

I agree, totally.
    also try Lamb of God
    Mastodon
    Slipknot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

There's plenty of amazing and original music out there, you just have to know where to look.
    Case in point, look here.

I second recommendations of Mastodon, but also try Green Carnation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i third mastodon, second lamb of god and reccomend Shadows Fall also

also if you like slipknot, check out MushroomHead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Also, if you like female fronted metal, try
    Lacuna Coil
    Arch Enemy
    Madder mortem
    Also(these are non-metal sugestions) try
    Mínus
    the Bronx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I'm starting to hear more good new music, which is a plus, but still not enough. Hopefully we'll be recovering from the godsawful late 90s/early 00s soon and maybe some real music will even tip the charts.

Anyway, for one of the greatest new metal(NOT Nu-metal :P) acts around, try http://www.lordi.org

Don't let the costume put you off, or the apparent cheesy 80s - they are a serious Rock'n'Roll band :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

adox wrote:
    Sikth

Totallement. Completely underrated. Infact I don't think the media knows they exist, but man they kick ass. Lyrics are meaningless (How May I Help You? being a prime example) but hilarious and the intense thrashiness of it gives it an extra edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Disturbed.
    Drowning Pool.

=-=

Nightwish (woman's melody voice + metal).

=-=

Hatebreed (angry man + metal).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Go to www.cephaliccarnage.net and then go to www.necrophagist.de and get yourself some of the mp3s they've on offer, then be in awe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I strongly recommend Psychotogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

there is a new mudvayne album out i know what you are all thinking oh my god but this album is ace happy is a really good song x

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sentenced, Green Carnation, Mastodon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Have to recommend Monster Magnet. They're not actually new by any stretch of the imagination, but lots of people haven't heard of them for some crazy reason. All great albums but "Powertrip" and "God Says No" come out well on top. Just seriously funky drug induced sh!t cool metal! Dave Wyndorf is some legend/genius of a man!

Also not new but recommended and maybe kinda unknown are Iced Earth and Finntroll. Will get back to ya tomorrow when about a million more willcome into my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Shadows Fall
    Lamb of God
    Martyr AD

---
    And not so new...but worth getting if you don't already have em...

At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
    Vision of Disorder - Vision of Disorder or Imprint or From Bliss to Devastation

• Advertisement
Advertisement