Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ah crap

• 07-04-2005 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Whats good (food/drinkwise) for helping the immune system besides vitamin c , warm clothes etc. Got something creeping up on me in my chest(gabnabit) I want rid as I need my energy. Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Eat loads of fruit, drink loads of fluids, get plenty of rest, try not to move between temperature extremes much like from cold outside to warm living room etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

you could try those danone/yakult/etc drinks. there are special ones that help boost the immune system. probably not suitable for a quick fix though. other than that, i agree with lafortezza, lots of hot drinks, fresh fruit, rest and warmth...
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

As above, fruits, veg, take a good multivitamin, regular excercise is a help too.
    I haven't had a cold in about two years as I eat three good meals and day and workout thrice a week.
    "You are what you eat" by Giliian McKeith gives loadsa good info on what foods are good for what ailments. Its available in all bookshops.
    As in your local helthfood store too, assistants there are very knowledgeable on nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Lash a load of echinea into ya. It's in a small bottle and you're meant to take a few drops in water. If I feel a cold coming on I down 1/4 of the bottle and it does the trick ;) , tastes rank though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Spirulina in a smoothie w/ probiotic yoghurt and loads of fruit & veg. Oily fish or a good omega 3 & 6 supplement like udo's choice. Get as much sleep as you can and try to keep stress to a minimum. Get well soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement