Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NT workstation on SATA harddrive

• 07-04-2005 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

pc is a Dell Optiplex GX270.
    Trying to install NT Workstation. (Don't ask Why :o )
    Is this a compatability issue.
    I even tried cloning using GHOST 7.5 (a working image of NT workstation, SP6a, from a GX260 with a 20gig IDE drive onto the GX270 sata drive)
    The OS hangs at the blue screen on boot up. This is not a 'blue screen of death' though.
    :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NT/2K/XP can be very snotty about controller driver, when swapping drives between nearly similar PC's I've seen 2K blue screen on two different revisions of the intel PIIX4 chipset that NT didn't see any difference between.

When you pressed F6 during setup to choose a SCSI driver from disk for the SATA controller , which one did you choose ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I haven't been able to locate the SATA NT drivers for the Dell GX270. Rang Dell, but the won't support NT on the GX270.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Find out what the SATA controller chipset is, and look for drivers for that.

Advertisement